Misc. Beast Plus Update Charge??

liquid1

I’ve been watching some YouTube videos on the Beast plus and is it true to update with laptop it’s an extra $120 or more. Figured updates would be free with kit purchase am I wrong

Admiral

Yes sad but true, if you want the advance features you have to pay for them, I don't think its fair.
I have a BeastX Plus and it works great, but I'm slowly moving my gear across to iKon because the Auto Level and Bailout are included as well as any updates.

Tony

Staff member
That is true. I'm not sure on the exact amount, but somewhere around a bill for sure. The reason for this is because a stock BeastX gyro doesn't have self level or bailout (or whatever they call it). It is a FANTASTIC gyro out of the box, but for beginners, the self level and recovery is great. I just can't believe they would charge that much to someone just getting into the hobby....

liquid1

Crap my wife’s gonna kill me she says all my toys are the gift that keeps on giving lol from my dirt bikes to my rc stuff, me as a beginner will I be fine without the attitude and other functions or is it recommended to up grade right off the bat , I think the 470 lm super combo kit comes with the Beast x plus. I know the 470 lm is not a novice helicopter kit but I want to make the best of it. Not gonna tell my wife yet she will not be pleased. I was not expecting the extra setup cost.

liquid1

Yep I found it in there manual to reciever all the control operations there’s a up fit cost this is disappointing if someone wants the pro edition Errrr

Attachments

• A692E6F8-EEB9-4F94-AA27-6FB107A35C8B.png
    A692E6F8-EEB9-4F94-AA27-6FB107A35C8B.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

liquid1

Ok I’m not sure but the manual with the Beast x plus says free updates I need to buy the gongle or wifi module just got the kit un boxed

Attachments

• 9B4617ED-8260-40B0-92AF-C63AFC0C3E61.jpeg
    9B4617ED-8260-40B0-92AF-C63AFC0C3E61.jpeg
    251.5 KB · Views: 2
  • A4177858-7275-40FD-8C7A-DE9F039C2AE8.jpeg
    A4177858-7275-40FD-8C7A-DE9F039C2AE8.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 2
  • D4C29DF9-6099-4EE4-A2ED-149DC6B3DFB9.jpeg
    D4C29DF9-6099-4EE4-A2ED-149DC6B3DFB9.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 2

Smoggie

Yeah, the BeastX 'Pro' upgrade cost is a scam as far as I'm concerned. You cant even find out the price until you actually have the unit, plus you have to pay extra just for the USB dongle which every other manufacturer provides free.

Personally what I did with the Microbeast that came with my last Trex Super Combo kit was sold it still in it's box and bought a different FBL. I went for the Spirit Pro (highly recommended) but the Brain2 or ikon2 are great options too. If you want stability and rescue then selling the Microbeast probably works out cheaper, plus out of principal i didn't want to give BeastX money this way.

Mikado are the other company that does the same scam, it seems to be a 'German thing'. Mikado arent quite as bad because at least the upgrade costs are published on their web site, unlike BeastX.

Tony

Staff member
+1 on selling and getting an Ikon2. I like BX, they are great, but if you are looking for self level features, go ikon2 or brain2

liquid1

Thanks for the info, kinda stuck with what came in the kit for now , so I’m hoping to make it work gonna hold my nose and order in The gongle, Were in a ice storm so I’m trying to look everything over and watching build videos this is gonna be fun..I love stuff like this

Tony

Staff member
Don't get us wrong, if you can fly a CP helicopter, then the gyro as it sits is FANTASTIC! Very stable and you don't need a computer to tune it.

Admiral

The HD version is designed to be used on 600 size and upward that run larger HV Servos, hard core 3D flyers with larger helicopter would get an advantage by using them but sports flyers would not notice the difference.

Price for the Pro upgrade on the BeastX site is 99 euro.

liquid1

Admiral, Dang that's almost $125 , Sounds like its got a good Beginner mode, Like Tony said sad they charging beginners this up fit charge . Like the Srxl its new to me for sure. I'm stepping up from bind n flies.. I'm not getting any younger better get a nice helicopter in the air while my reflexes are still semi working..

Top Bottom