600 battery connectors for 600 12s

danhampson

From starting in the hobby I've been using deans connectors just because they were what came with my first Heli, now that I'm moving up to a 12s setup what connectors would be best, the ESC that comes with the kit is an 80amp HV.

Derek

I have the EC5 plugs on my 600, as well.

I've seen videos on Youtube and I've heard of people using Deans plugs on their 600's and it seems to work. I just had my doubts and I don't want anything bad to happen to my helicopter because I was cheap on the plugs.

danhampson

Thanks for your input guys. I've placed an order for some ec5 fittings and an ec5 parallel board. Which should be with me tomorrow so I can make a start removing the deans and replacing them with the ec5's

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I too would go EC5s. They hold a lot better than deans. Just pay attention to how you assemble them. I have the right metal fittings on the components but the wrong housing on them. They still work but I cant use other peoples batteries or chargers unless I provide the right leads.

danhampson

Yeah I thought of that going to mate battery's to para board.

Hoping they arrive in the morning. I've got a carpet to lay before I can play.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I think it's personal preference. Whatever you choose to use on your first build you will most likely use on all others. I will say that EC5 plugs are easier to solder for me...just saying

Tony

Staff member
They are easier to solder, that's for sure. Just solder the bullets to the wire, then push them into the housing. No chance of melting the plastic.

murankar

Staff member
If you make a new of the ec5 there is a chance it won't fit in the housing.

My fix to that is to use a metal file and clean it up. Don't ask how I know. Take your time and they will work.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom