Micro Bad Bad day for my Sons V911, terrible crash.

sarconastic

I was over at my sons visiting the new twin Grand babies night before last, when he brought out his V911 I had given him for his birthday. He had managed to shear a blade in half and wanted some help repairing it. So I grabbed it up, and walked to the car to get a micro screwdriver set from the trunk. Found the screwdriver and closed the trunk, and did one of those "Oh Sh*t!" moments and all you could see was the tail boom sticking out of the trunk lid. I had set the V911 on the lip next to the trunk opening and slammed that poor little sucker into oblivion. I took it back in the house and showed the son, and his jaw hit the floor. I was sort of laughing, as ya do when ya do something stupid, since I knew I had all the repair parts to fix it at the my place. I had bought him the metal upgrade swash kit and had planned on updating it anyway but I guess now I really have to.

I always hoped I would never see a damage tally list of my own as I have seen many of you put on here, just wish mine was from trying to fly my MCPx inverted or something more fun.

Final damage tally is:

Broken main Frame
Main Gear cracked
Bent main shaft
Short Ball broken off swash
Landing Gear mashed out of shape.
Broken Blade
Cracked canopy
Bent swash link

Thank god for those $5 banggood repair kits lol. Luckily no board damage though.

Got her rebuilt, now just got a do a decent setup on it for him.

So you really don't have to be flying to crash big time.

Woody

Stambo

Lol, almost better to get a complete BnF as a spare.
That's what I did but ended up combat flying 2 of them around the lounge.
So I got another for spares.
Now I have 2 that fly and one that has been cannibalised for parts (after I backed it into a wall at high speed doing reverse figure 8s).
For some reason I have never broken a blade.

Top Bottom