Are You Receiving Email?

Tony

Staff member
I need to know, if you are subscribed with "instant email notification", if you are receiving email from the forum on replies made in threads. Right now I know AOL is still blocking the server because I do not have rDNS setup, but I should be able to take care of that with a phone call. I know gmail is going through since I have many gmail email addresses. But I need to know about those of you with @hotmail and others. Oh, and I know @yandex is going through as well since I now have an email address through them that I didn't know about lmao.

Let me know. I'm going to try to get all of these issues sorted out.

Tony

Staff member
Cool. Hotmail was one of them that was blocked over on the last server. Multiple Ip addresses and still blocked. so it was the company and their whole batch of IP addresses that was blocked, not the site. Really makes me mad lol.

But at least you are getting email now. So all that is left is to get the rDNS setup as well as this other thing that I can't remember and we will be off to the races.

Tony

Staff member
Your getting email and you are on an aol account. I did get an email from AOL that there was in fact a block put on my server IP address and that it has now been removed. I just sent an email to my aol account and it went through! Now I need to tackle the other providers that are blocking me lmao. Oh this is never going to end.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, AOL was blocking my IP address. I told them I just acquired it and they unblocked it. So all should be good.

Heliman450

Hi Tony, my notifications have stopped being delivered again. My most recent exchanges with Steve aren't coming through as notifications.

Tony

Staff member
I have made some changes to the mail server. Seems no email is getting out. And I have no idea why. I will keep an eye on this change and see if it works.

Tony

Staff member
Let me know if you received an email with the subject of "vBulletin Email Test (With -f Parameter)".

Top Bottom