General Ar6115e binding problem

treff

Sorry about this seems the only time I come here is with problems. I have a bit of a puzzler. I purchased an Spectrum AR6115e rx for my heli build. I know it is not a full rang receiver but I though it would be okay to use to learn to hover a heli. Well long story short. Plugged it into the bec power supply and started run up to see if things were working. It worked for about 20 seconds before unbinding. It then refused to bind at all. Just get a slow blinking orange led. I then tried it on an older 4.8volt rx supply and it binds almost immediately. Could the motor and ESC be putting put RF noise and blocking the receiver? I have ask for it to be inspected or replaced and am awaiting a reply. The ESc is Turnigy Trust 55amp. Do I need some sort of filtering on the power lead from the ESC? Thanks in advance of any suggestions. All the best from sunny Wales. Yes! the sun is out.............................lol

Lee

Treff,
I have had RXs that just stopped working. Wouldn't bind or do anything, but only clones not the real ones.

Slobberdog

Lots of people still use the ferrite ring that you are talking about, as for whether they are necessary I am not sure, I have not got one on mine at the moment.

When you bind your tx and rx how close are they, in Tony's videos he says bind them from a distance over about 3 ft as you don't get a good bind otherwise.

treff

Yes tried that binding from over 2 metres away. The problem I think is one of rf noise from the motor. I have got the receiver to bind on the helicopter after a lot of trying. It binds okay until the motor is run up then it unbinds after just a few seconds and it takes forever to get it to bind again. Anyway I just wondered what was going on. I have another Spectrum rx coming next week its a AR6210 and sat so hopefully that will work. I've also ordered training gear, sort of chickened out when I heard those blades thrashing the air in the lounge lol

Lee

Training gear is a must, unless you want to spend more ££££ :D Does the ESC have a ferrite ring on it? where do you have the RX mounted?

treff

Thanks for the reply Lee. No there is not a ferrite on the the ESC but I have a few. I'm a Radio amateur, my other hobby, so I will fit a couple. I think the receiver is getting swamped by hash from the motor. The rx is mounted near gyro furthest place from motor and ESC. I mounted it on the outside of the frame to get it out into the open but that did not make any difference. I am going to re-route leads to see if that makes any difference. Well I think it's almost there. I'm not bothering with the hover training I will just hold the heli above my head then run up to full throttle before launching into the blue same technique as soaring. What do you think LOL.

Top Bottom