ar drone in high winds....

so I took the AR drone v1.0 out for a flight or 3... winds were gusting up to 10-15mph.. here they are...

the wind was ok for the first flight until near the end the wind gusted up and took the drone for a un-controlled flight.. after it hit the cable I tried to lower the altitude to re-gain control.. and it took a digger into the dirt... had to get a rock out of the prop gear.. survived.. this is a tough littlebird...

the second vid I was fighting a huge gust, and the roll was maxed out to fight the wind... wind won...

3rd flight same story fighting the wind... I lost...

Last edited by a moderator:
by the way these are all using the iphone, and using the AR drones onboard camera... the camera is .... ok.... but not the greatest... video gets a little laggy, but it works..

Tony

Staff member
House vs Drone, house wins every time lmao. Same with wires lol.

That video seemed jumpy over the first one you put on here. Can you replace the SD card, or is it built in? just wondering. I'm in the market for a new toy, and you are really making me want one of these lmao. I do find it funny that you got this for your wife, and she has yet to record anything hahaha. Keep'em coming.

there's no SD card.. it records directly to the iphone... I'll see what settings or programs I can unload from the iphone and see if that affects it at all..

Tony

Staff member
Ah, I see. Usually when it's that jumpy, it's because it's not a high enough class on the card. Not sure about this one.

murankar

Staff member
The issue maybe the wireless connection. If it's bluetooth then you are limited by mbs, which is slower, not enough mbs to capture full hd. If it's wireless network you still may not have enough bandwidth to capture hd. Also the phone is going to be limited just because it's a phone, remember it's not a full size laptop or computer. The other factor to account for is the fact that it is not direct to card either like in a video camer or SLR.

oh beleive me I know.. I am still getting used to flying it.. but it is very easy to learn.. and my crashes are getting fewer and fewer.. mostly due to operator error, or false readings from sonar.

Top Bottom