General Ar 7200bx Trim Confusion

Mikker

I have a pair of helis that both have the AR7200BX RX. After reading the owners manual for this receiver, I found a page that states to NOT USE THE TX TRIMS. Really? So if I understand this right. I have to mechanically set the helicopter up perfectly by adjusting links for all trim deviation? 0E5F40F9-086C-430A-B6F5-3F15A65AF0EB.png

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Mikker. I have 2 AR7200BX and 1 AR7300BX and that's statement is very true :). When you get to letter "J" which I call the blue light special lol, Don't panic if the blue light doesn't pop up when you get 6 degrees of cyclic. A lot of individuals can't get the 6 degrees cyclic and the blue light to light up at the same time. Just make sure you get the 6 degrees on the cyclic, that's the most important and get close to the blue light as you can. I got lucky and got 6 degrees and the blue light to light up on all 3 of my AR's.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
So for FBL units you want your mechanical set up as close as you can to dead on. Dead on is impossible so dont try. In most cases you can get really close which will be good enough. The FBL will handle a lot of the drift for you so no need to worry about the trims. The trims will confuse the FBL unit and cause a huge headache for you.

I dont remember how to do things in the AR series line up. Their should be some kind of setting that will allow you to dial out drift. I know you can level the swash in that unit. A level swash will stop most or close to all drifts. Then after a few flights you can tweek your swash settings to near perfect hands off hovering. It will take a good number of flights to get it set the wag you want it.

Mikker

Thanks for chiming in guys....now if I could only find a main gear for it....make that 2 main gears...my 270 needs one as well. HH has them on BO till April

Top Bottom