JR Any XG radio experts?

hoverinabout

Hi, is there anyone who has good knowledge on the JR XG series radios, particularly the XG8?

As with most manufacturers, the XG manual doesnt really tell you how to use many of the features. Im particularly interested in getting the best out of the radio from a helicopter point of view and getting to grips with the many mixing functions.

I think I've just realised I could have used one of the swash mixing sub menus to make sure the swash is level over the movement range instead of the way I found on You Tube!

murankar

Staff member
Is this being paired with a flybared heli or a flybarless heli?

If its flybarless then most of the functions will be handled by the fbl controller and not so much the radio.

If it is a flybar heli then more stuff will be done in the radio. Things like swash mixing and sub trims.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

hoverinabout

Yep, flybarred heli but I'll also be using it to fly planks and gliders.

Even with a flybarless heli (I have one to build) do you not use the mixers in the radio at all?

Lee

I only know one guy on here with a JR, and thats Gaba.
Maybe he can chime in and help, but he's not on very often at the moment.

murankar

Staff member
Gaba has an older model.

As for flybarless is concerned, its gong to depend on the gyro. Most of the gyros prefer to handle the mixing instead of the radio. This is good because this is less radio setup. In the popular gyros all the sub trims and trims are done in the gyro also. Really there is not much to do in the radio at all. Throttle and pitch curves, dual rates and expo and tail gain. That's about it. You may have to assign some switches to an aux channel but that should be easy peasy.

I have very little to no knowledge on planks and their setup. I do know that when you start a new model it should ask if its a plank heli or glider. Once that is done the rest should be straight forward.

JR radios are real close to being Specktrum. At one time they were the same radios with different cases.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

heidelberg

I have the same radio and not all the switches could function because the manual doesn't tell you how to. its kinda suck that not too many pilots use JR. I could not make my Aux 2 function. The switch just seat there doing nothing. Unlike the previous JR manual it is illustrated properly.

Top Bottom