Another Pilot Goes Inverted

Ken Jackson

Went by my favorite flying site and saw a guy there I had met last summer. So I ran home and grabbed my helicopters and we had some fun. If your reading this Greg I invite you to join this forum, lots of good mechanics, electricians and pilots on here. Lots of good information...

Anyway here is one of Greg's flights and one of mine. I convinced Greg to stop on top of a loop and he held inverted for the first time today. Congrats Greg you were ready anyway, glad I pushed you a little.

Coffee Creek Mar 15, 2012 Flight Two - YouTube

And one of my flights. Flipped the IKON to extreme 3D. You were right Paul, love the flip and roll rates.

TRex 500 Coffee Creek Getting used to the IKON - YouTube

Ken Jackson

Thanks Lee I added a couple things indirectly from your last flight. I didn't execute quite as well, but I will.

Ken

When do you leave for Spain?

wolfman76

great flying ken your new buddy did a great job also now get him on the forum... lol I might need you to help me set my 500 up with the mshbrain this summer sometime...

Ken Jackson

No problem Kyle. I'm going to have a few guys and their family/friends that live close come to Chesterton some saturday morning in the next month and a half. I haven't set a date but I will let you know.

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Is your HK500 a flybarless?

pvolcko

Nice flying!

Yeah, that high agility mode... I tried it on my TRex 700 and was not at all prepared for how fast it would be. Ended up contributing to my crash with that heli. I don't know if I've tried it since, on any of the helis with the Ikon. It scares me. :)

I'll start using it again. Probably pretty early this season. I've done some tic-tocs that are about as fast as I can get them with my normal settings. Banging the cyclic back and forth full throw is too much, especially for the slowness of the tic-toc its producing in that mode. Have to bump up the agility so I can get it rotate faster, or at least so I don't have to go full throw on the stick. Of course that's going to screw with my piro-flips too, so will need to relearn them a bit.

Ken Jackson

Nice flying!

Yeah, that high agility mode... I tried it on my TRex 700 and was not at all prepared for how fast it would be. Ended up contributing to my crash with that heli. I don't know if I've tried it since, on any of the helis with the Ikon. It scares me. :)

I'll start using it again. Probably pretty early this season. I've done some tic-tocs that are about as fast as I can get them with my normal settings. Banging the cyclic back and forth full throw is too much, especially for the slowness of the tic-toc its producing in that mode. Have to bump up the agility so I can get it rotate faster, or at least so I don't have to go full throw on the stick. Of course that's going to screw with my piro-flips too, so will need to relearn them a bit.

I'm thinking I want to idol up more and for sure be in extreme 3d mode before I try them again. I was in extreme mode. My head speed is just over 2400, so I'm thinking at least 2600 and I should be able to tic toc closer to the simulator.

Time will tell.

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Nice flying Ken, good flying from the other guy too.

Thank you.

wolfman76

No problem Kyle. I'm going to have a few guys and their family/friends that live close come to Chesterton some saturday morning in the next month and a half. I haven't set a date but I will let you know.

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Is your HK500 a flybarless?

Yes it is. It is all align dfc

Top Bottom