Another boring attempt

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Well, here is my latest try. I think I know what the issue is with the piro ... as for the quick unexpected take offs, that well might just be the loose nut behind the Tx :chuckles:

<center><iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vr3rwOZ4IcU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></center>

Tony

Staff member
I have so much to say about this, and it's too much to type. Call me if you want to work on it. We need to do some setup ASAP.

Whirlybird

All I could think of was the paint job on that car in the background . . . You have more confidence in your flying skills than I do in mine :)

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I just remembered what you said about that radio in your blog... "I like the ratchet effect on the throttle". That could be why it's jumping up and why most people that fly heli's hate the ratchet.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Well, I definitely figured out one issue ... it helps if you make sure both blades are right side up :biggrin1: Yes, I'm a NOOB! Attention to detail, right guys! As far as the paint job on the car goes, one, it's not my car, and two, I'm really not that close to it. The driveway is 20' accross and their car is all the way to the right of it. I would bet there is a good 12' of driveway to work with and with the tail too me, it shouldn't be a worry. Besides, I drop the stupid thing (throttle down) in a heartbeat ... sux for the landing gear, lol! I'll get it right, just need to work on it some more.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
is your gyro correcting the right way.. i followed tony's video, and saw if my tail was correcting opposite to the movemnt.. that is the correct way.. if it is going the same side as the moemement... then it needs reversing....

but i had the same issue, and all i needed was to reverse the gyro.. and your motor quits pretty fast.... can u program that esc to not jerk start and stop? mainly stop?

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I'm pretty sure the gyro is in the right direction ... it mainly has to do with how it reacts with the servo (after all, it runs the tail servo) and it was working right before I put the new Rx on it. I'm not quite sure by what you are saying the motor quits pretty fast ... it spins down pretty fast because I drop the stick fast :chuckles: I probably need to work on that a little bit.

EDIT: I attempted to fly again on Monday and did a lot better, though I rebroke the skid support again. Gunna have to do a little reconstructive surgery on it.

Tony

Staff member
There is nothing wrong with the brake setting on the motor. Even if the brake WAS on, it has an auto-rotation feature that would allow the blades to keep spinning. It was stopping so fast because when he dropped the stick all the way, he was going in excess of 10* negative pitch, and putting a lot of load on the blades. Hence why it slammed into the ground, and broke the skid.

Top Bottom