Amazon Links, Please Read And Reply

Tony

Staff member
Hey everyone. I just received a HUGE slap in the face from Amazon and they have completely closed my account and the money that I was saving in there for another project, yup, they took it. About $200 was in there. GONE... And there is not a thing I can do about it.

I have since pulled my amazon link from every link posted on this site. I have instead replaced it with another link that has the word "skim" in it and I will still get paid, but it will be 3 months late. I won't get that $200 that I lost which hurts tremendously, but I will slowly build it back up for another project.

So if you see a different affiliate link than what you are used to, don't worry, it is completely normal. This is my way of giving amazon the finger and still making money off of them lol. But damn I really could have used that $200....

Tony

Staff member
Yup, it sucks. I'm just glad I could find a way to "stick it to the man" so to speak.

Tony

Staff member
They said I broke the rules. It was one of those "you did one of more of the following" and then they post a whole bunch of violations which I never did. But that's okay, My finger is still in the air towards them thanks to skinlinks.

RandyDSok

It was one of those "you did one of more of the following" and then they post a whole bunch of violations which I never did.

I'd press them for exact details... it's hard to defend when you don't know specifics... and you'll never be able to prove a negative as it were either...

Tony

Staff member
That is just the thing, they covered their butts so they can do exactly what they did to me. They state in their agreement that you have to agree to that they can delete your account and keep any money you earned for any reason or even without a reason. There is NO appeal process in this decision as they stated. It's whatever, my finger is still in the air to them. I think I will actually earn more revenue to help keep the site running with skimlinks than I did with amazon. I'm just pissed beyond belief about losing that money. Hell, it's tax time... And I have to fork out an egregious amount of money for this site...

Tony

Staff member
Just an update. Amazon, after I removed all of the links that I could find, sent me an email and said they were reinstating my account since I was now in compliance. So if you see any amazon links from this site, they will work now. I just don't understand companies sometimes....

Top Bottom