Amazing how the heli landed after I crashed

Ken Jackson

I basically crashed nose down into the ground and this is how I found it laying. No frame damage, canopy still usable. Main gear bad, at least one DFC link bent, tail boom slightly bent. Lost 2 out of 4 servos, main blades. The whole tail assembly looks fine. Don't know about shafts yet but I have plenty so overall this wasn't too bad and major thanks to my buddy Rick for giving me a new set of Align 425D blades. I'll miss the Curtis Youngblood blades, they had a great feel and loved the sounds they produced.

20140831_165626.jpg20140831_165632.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The battery was laying inside the canopy.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah I forgot. My buddy let me fly his 500 PRO right after this happened. I was a little reluctant but flew anyway. I also flew his 600 6s flybarred heli. I was about 3 minutes into the flight when the heli started shaking violently. I immediately started a slow descent and once I landed we discovered that the flybar had come loose and was sticking all the way to one side. Amazing it landed the way it did. Sorry no pic or video but it happened.

20140831_165626.jpg

20140831_165632.jpg

Derek

That's amazing how the helicopter is just laying there. It kinda resembles someone laying on their back after a hard fall with their arms out to their side, lol. It was a rough day for the 500....it decided to take a break.

I hope the repairs go quickly!

Top Bottom