450 almost there on the Align 450 PRO

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Well, guys... I am getting there... I realized how much I am confortable with the 450 size helis. Well, I have been deal hunting on Helifreak for forever for parts.. here is what I have.. I already have the gyro and tail servo (align) i got for 70... I now have a FULL ALIGN HEAD (without swash) that i snagged for 40 bucks.. add 25 for align swash and i'll have a full align head. ... The frame is not something that makes a huge difference, but i am getting a frame for HK as you might have read, and I have read reviews on it, the carbon fibre is awesome if not comparable to align, which i got for 30 bucks (taking 30 bucks off for the clone head, which will go to my EXI) ... I have the same for my exi, And its held up awesome in bad crashes.. . Tail metal stuff might need upgrade... but its secondary to full align upgrade.. All i am left with is cyclic servos, Motor, esc... And I will have a good trex 450 pro.. The only things i will look for are head block bearings, and a tail assembly... all in all.. i think i can build this thing in about 350 bucks.... which i am happy about. :) hoping by next month i will have this heli ready.. or may the month next to that...

I definately dont mind having 2 450's !! :) might actually put the gy 48V on the EXI with the tpro servo... or a faster 500 size chinese servo... :) we'll se..

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
on that note... lee told me and I have read enough about it... should I go align 410M or Hitech 65MG's??? or some other comparable servo for cyclic!

Lee

Try these Gaba. Savox SH0256 it is the Align 410 equivalent.
Savox is a great brand. They actually make the servos for Align. The difference is they are metal gears not plastic. Same size, same arms so you can change parts between the two. I have two of the 450 tail servos. One on the 450 i sold and the other was on my 450 but i smashed it to pieces in a crash when the blade hit it DOH!!!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Lee... The 410m are metal gear too... But one question.. If they make servos for align then yet are no different. The issues have been with align servos just quitting... Burning... Sometimes mid flight... So do you think theses are gonna better.. The hardware I bet is good.. But if the electronic guts are identical.. That's a bit worrying.. Tell me what you think. I'll try to research on these servos.

Ricardo

Hi....Have you ever take a look on the MKS servos, the less expensive ones, I have beeing using the DS 470 for cyclic and the DS 9670A+ for rudder. Wonderfull servos made in Taiwan. Much better than Align's.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hahahahahaah... Now y'all figure that out. I edit know HK carried things like scorpion and hitec.. I am thinking hitech... Everyone seems to love these servos.. Lol

I checked mks too.. I'll see which ines are faster and have more torque.. I'll get those.. But next month.. :) right now research and brainstorming.. :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Got everything I needed....(except carbon fibre blades) :) :) very very excited... Servos motors, swash... 14t pinion... All here!! Just waiting for it
To arrive on Saturday to start the build and get the bird in air.. Total cost... 350 give or take 10... Saved about 160 bucks on full align!! :) hope it flies !!!

---
- Gaba

Top Bottom