General All Thumbs !!

scotmurie

Hi guys,

While practicing on my simulator I notice that my control is sloppy , for instance when I need to give right cyclic I cant stop pushing the stick forward at the same time. I am getting better at it but I wondered if there was a better way or a preferred way to hold the sticks rather than using my thumbs on top of the sticks ?
Thanks Richard.

Tony

Staff member
You can pinch the stick with your thumb and forefinger. This is the way most advanced pilots hold them. You will need a strap or a tray though. Another thing you can do is tighten the tension on the sticks so they don't move as easy.

Lee

In the DX6I you can do as Tony says. Adjust the tension. My preference is to tighten just one either aile or elev so when you push right if the elev is tighter its harder to add un wanted inputs. I have the aileron stiffer then the elev so when i'm doing flips i dont add roll at the same time.

Tezza

Can one tighten either aile or elev sticks on a DX7 transmitter - if so, where can I find how to do that. I tried pinch instead of thumbs and it just doesn't come naturally ?!

Tezza

Lee

Its apparently described in the manual. But heres what i found out.

Remove the screws holding on the back cover. Remove the battery door (no need to remove the battery). Now carefully remove the back cover. There will be a wire connected to the back cover so be careful. You will now see some screws on the gimbals that will loosen or tighten the tension against the tension springs. Adjust to your liking. The throttle/collective tension can also be adjusted by adjusting a screw on the rectangular metal plate. You'll clearly see what I'm talking about once you get in there. Good luck!

Top Bottom