450 Align Trex 450 Pro V2 Front Gear Torque Tube Assembly Broken Teeth???

Tony

Staff member
IMO, I would never put a Tarot part on an Align heli. Yes, they are compatible with each other but the Tarot is a much stiffer plastic. You are saying "stiff is good" and in some ways you would be correct. However stiff means brittle. People will take these gears and boil them just to put some flex in them so they don't snap off. If I still had my 450 V2, I would only put Align back on it just for safety. We just recently had a member (with my old Align heli) get hit by it. Tore his arm up. If it would have been his face, it would have been much worse. Safety is key with these things so if you do this, just stand back from it and have your hand ready to hit the hold switch to kill it and drop it to the ground!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
The part I reference is identified in the Align manualas the Torque tube drive. It is what tony posted as a jpg.

The Tarrot part I reference is Tarot T-REX 450 PRO V2 Drive Gear Set x2 | eBay on ebay. ebay item#: 130688324785.

I have posted a pic of the serated parts. Seems you can press the gear seen in Tarrot link above onto the shaft. I am aware that placement is crucial.

Regarding the glue/CA/epoxy there is some type of adhesive used with the assembly.

I just received the Tarror part in the mail. I got a completet assembly as well. I just thought I would experiement with the Tarrot part. I'll let you know what I may learn.

View attachment 2990

I would never put a part like that on my heli. The align parts come allready assembled from the factory. Not something that you have to glue together. The only thing is if you are talking about the rear TT gear set where the tail blades are. Are you meaning these? The front TT gear set is the one that the anti rotation gear runs. Hear is a link for the 3 set of gears I told you about. It's 12 bucks for three sets of gears! $3.89 a set! You will need them cause tail strikes are inevatabul when learning how to fly! One again don't use something you have to glue together in shutch a critical place on your heli!!! I can't stress this enough!!!

H45055A Torque Tube Front Drive Gear Set

Bruno

I will most definitely adhere to your warnings. I did buy an Align because it's an Align. I will keep it pure.

Thanks you for the feedback and the heads up.

Gonna put the Align torque tube in and get out while the sun is still out. It has been raining here.

- - - Updated - - -

I would never put a part like that on my heli. The align parts come allready assembled from the factory. Not something that you have to glue together. The only thing is if you are talking about the rear TT gear set where the tail blades are. Are you meaning these? The front TT gear set is the one that the anti rotation gear runs. Hear is a link for the 3 set of gears I told you about. It's 12 bucks for three sets of gears! $3.89 a set! You will need them cause tail strikes are inevatabul when learning how to fly! One again don't use something you have to glue together in shutch a critical place on your heli!!! I can't stress this enough!!!

H45055A Torque Tube Front Drive Gear Set

RE: above link: Seems they now only sell two for 11.95.

Bruno

how do you guys feel about "NON-ALIGN spindle shafts and Main Shafts??.

- - - Updated - - -

CORRECTION: Feathering shaft not "spindle shaft"....duuuhhhh....

Tony

Staff member
Again, I wouldn't suggest it. Align uses hardened steel that is much stronger than what is put into other "clones". Case in point, the Dynam E-Razor (my first heli) had such weak metal that if I bounced it off the ground when learning how to hover I would bend a feathering shaft. Light blade strike, time for a new main shaft and feathering shaft. I'm not saying that Tarot would be this way, but I would still stick with Align. IMO, it's a case of "you get what you pay for".

Hope your flight goes well. Just remember we are not trying to bash you in any way, just trying to keep you and everyone around you safe. I almost lost an eye with my $70 HK Pro, and I took it apart and destroyed all of the pieces and purchased my Align. When I was younger, I would not heed the warnings and I have been very lucky in my life. I guess I'm getting old because safety is all I think about now with these things lol.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

- - - Updated - - -

CORRECTION: Feathering shaft not "spindle shaft"....duuuhhhh....

Put it this way, everyone with a clone heli is putting Align parts on them! Why would you want to put clone parts on an Align heli?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I have used those gears. They work perfectly fine. Yes align is good and yes they come preassembled. The one you showed in the pics work perfectly. :)

I used those like that for about a year. You have to be careful assembling them, but that's it. I know people are trying to look out for each other but don't like scaring you of anything. Lol

Adam

I use align the ones from experience rc and have no problems i keep 4 sets in my spare parts inventory at all times.

Top Bottom