450 Align t-rex 450 pro dfc build and 3gx setup

Tony

Staff member
where is this "Sw" that you are talking about. Usually Sw is the switch you are using to change the settings.

flysolo

About the Aux2 I'm not gonna argue against you it's just that on my first attempt I lowered the gain and it did not seem to have any effect. When searching the webs a lot of questions about that show up and they pretty much state Aux2. Gonna connect to the pc and see what happens if I change it.

Aha, It seems like the Sw. is for selecting the switch to use(logical sw=switch), I can set it to gear and and switch between values but the Ch. needs to be Aux2. Have to get to work now but I will try different settings later and post my findings.

Sorry if my posts doesn't make much sense but like I said I'm just trying to figure all this out and maybe It can help someone else later on.

- - - Updated - - -

Tony, It's in the Gyro settings. I have the percentages, Ch. and Sw. that I can change.

Tony

Staff member
There is nothing wrong with asking questions. As stated, if I had my heli I could just punch it up on the Tx and tell you my settings. However I no longer have the heli so I have no way of actually saying what my settings are. I'm sure you will get it figured out. Sounds like you are mostly there already.

stokke

You'd want your SW to be GYRO.
You'd want your channel to be AUX.

When setting GYRO as your switch, you'll get three positions for gain. So as an example you can have; pos1 +40%, pos2 +42%, pos3 +42,5%. This way you have more options to choose from when trying to find your gain.

The Align instructions state that if using Spektrum Tx/Rx the gain should be on AUX.

Tony

Staff member
You can also set your switches up so your LT or RT switches can be used to adjust the gain on the gyro rather than going into the gyro menu. I had it this way on mine. there will be a place to the right of your gyro settings that tells you how much you changed, and I would go in and make the physical changes in the gyro menu and set the trims back to 0. Worked like a charm for me.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

Thanks for the pics bro. Thats exactly what i wanted to see. That does look like the new DFCbearing block design... found out that two of these new bearing blocks are cheaper than one old.. and they are much better as elevator servo doesnt sit on the frame and the two front servos have a alignment divider thingy that makes the servos aligned perfectly so they dont burn out. GREAT! :) This works! :)

DKC

I have a 450 Pro fbl heli, witch is the first heli have put together myself. I have a question on the rudder gain adjustment on the 3GX v2.1. How does the slider "Rudder lock gain adjustment" in the computer interface affect rudder gain and does it have anything to do with the adjustments made in the transmitter. I am running a dx8i transmitter and two sat receivers on my 3GX. I understand the gyro must be on aux 2 and can be assigned to other switches to control the gain settings. I think it can also be assigned to a flight mode. Is this correct?

Tony

Staff member
Isn't the rudder gain adjustment on the computer meant to help piro's? I'm having a hard time remembering but hopefully Marius will come in here and help out. He has been playing with this quite extensively.

stokke

Isn't the rudder gain adjustment on the computer meant to help piro's? I'm having a hard time remembering but hopefully Marius will come in here and help out. He has been playing with this quite extensively.

I've only played a little bit with the rudder gain adjustment. But as far as I can understand, it does exactly the same as Tx Gyro gain. When I raised the 3GX rudder gain to 72% (default is 70% I believe), I had to decrease the Tx gyro gain.

E.g;

I used 70% 3GX gain = 42.5% in my Tx.
I used 72% 3GX gain = 37.5% in my Tx.

I've found that if I leave it up to the 3GX to control gain, the tail gets more consistent. If I let the Tx control gain (increase gain on Tx, decrease in 3GX) the tail seems more nervous and harder to find perfect HH. I'm still sorting out some kinks on my bird, as it's having a tendency of temporary rapid wagging when doing right banked turns. But when increasing the gain in 3GX the wagging was considerably reduced.

DKC

Ok, thank you! From what I understand though, you could have 3 different gain settings in the transmitter. one for each flight mode, or if you preferred it could be assigned to another switch. So for example you could be at 50% in normal mode, 52% in idle up 1 and another in idle up 2. Is this correct? Does the setting in the 3GX make it so you don't need to change the gain in different flight modes?

stokke

Ok, thank you! From what I understand though, you could have 3 different gain settings in the transmitter. one for each flight mode, or if you preferred it could be assigned to another switch. So for example you could be at 50% in normal mode, 52% in idle up 1 and another in idle up 2. Is this correct? Does the setting in the 3GX make it so you don't need to change the gain in different flight modes?

I'm sorry, but no.
You can not assign different gain values to different flight modes. But you can assign three different values of gain if you choose the GYRO SWITCH as your switch (The GYRO SWITCH has three positions).¨

Even though you fine tune the 3GX rudder gain you will still have to find HH in combination with Tx gain.
Hope this is understandable?

DKC

OK, I did some investigating today on different gyro gain setups. Here is what I found out. You can assign different Heading hold gyro gains to the flight modes. Here is how I did it.
1. Set GYRO to AUX2
2. Set the SW to F Mode
3. Set the values as you wish. For example: Normal could be 55%, Idle 1 could be 57% and Idle 2 60%.
I then hooked the computer up to the 3GX in the Read Mode and could see the values change in the GYRO gain on the 3GX as I flipped the switch to the different modes.

If the wind dies down a bit tomorrow I will fly and test this out.
Doug

Tony

Staff member
I'm sorry, but no.
You can not assign different gain values to different flight modes. But you can assign three different values of gain if you choose the GYRO SWITCH as your switch (The GYRO SWITCH has three positions).¨

Even though you fine tune the 3GX rudder gain you will still have to find HH in combination with Tx gain.
Hope this is understandable?

OK, I did some investigating today on different gyro gain setups. Here is what I found out. You can assign different Heading hold gyro gains to the flight modes. Here is how I did it.
1. Set GYRO to AUX2
2. Set the SW to F Mode
3. Set the values as you wish. For example: Normal could be 55%, Idle 1 could be 57% and Idle 2 60%.
I then hooked the computer up to the 3GX in the Read Mode and could see the values change in the GYRO gain on the 3GX as I flipped the switch to the different modes.

Doug

That is correct, you just have to change the switch to the flight mode switch. This is a great way to do it because you usually can run more gain in Normal than you can in idle up 1 and 2. It's nice to be able to flip one switch to change both the flight mode and the gain setting. It takes a bit to setup, but after some playing it will all be worth it.

stokke

1. Set GYRO to AUX2
2. Set the SW to F Mode

Doug

I stand corrected...

Top Bottom