450 Align ESC Question

mousie

Why sometimes my speed controller beeps normal after I plug it in and other times I can hardly hear it beep at all? Its a align 35A. It still seems to initialize properly just can hardly here it.

Tony

Staff member
It depends on if there is a minor load on the motor gear. The sound is a harmonic that sings though the motor case. Not the ESC.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, it's fairly normal. The load could come from your finger resting on the motor case, holding your hands on the head thus putting pressure on the teeth of the pinion, or in the worst case, it could be a dirty motor in which case, you need to take it apart and clean it out. Make sure to clean out the bearings and re-oil them as well.

RandyDSok

So is this normal for this to happen at times? Where would the load be coming from?

If you turn just about any motor... it sort of "ratchets" along the rotation from the coils passing by the magnets... so the load increases/decreases through the rotation.

murankar

Staff member
Yes. That's the esc giving you a status of what it sees plugged into it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

mousie

Ok , just seemed weird that sometimes its loud and sometimes its very soft. Never had this with any of my other helies.

Graham Lawrie

I had this also:) used to think it was related to the power in my batteries:)

I had bad connections due to my beginner soldering which caused the same thing:)

Top Bottom