450 Align Dealers

RMB677

I'm thinking of getting a second 450 heli and am considering the Align 450 Sport V2. From what I've been reading I don't think I want to get involved with flybarless at this time and I'd prefer to stay with belt drive for the tail.

In searching the internet it appears that the good buys are all coming out of China though freight can be high. I'd prefer to deal with a state side dealer but most all carry fbl. Anyone have any suggestions of where to look. The listings on e-bay are mostly without electronics and by the time you buy those with the extra shipping it gets a bit too rich for me.

DAL2855

Banned
Any helicopter could be converted to a flybared heli just by changing the head so all you'd need to do is purchase the additional flybarred head when you purchase the bird and a flybarred gyro to go along with it. And you got a Flybarred heli!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
amainhobbies
readyheli
helidirect
tmkarc1hobby
prostarhobby
helicopter-world

and a lot more I am forgetting. All based in the states . Buy an original align kit or first compromise --> tarot. dont go lower :)

Tony

Staff member
Check out Go Nitro Hobbies on ebay. That is where I purchased my V2 from and they were the cheapest around. The ones that Gaba posted are going to be your best bet for TRUE NEW helicopters though. The reason the others on ebay are cheaper is because they have last years model. But, when you are starting out, it's not really an issue. And I don't know of any updates on the sport.

Derek

I haven't bought any heli's online but I can tell you that A Main Hobbies (in California) has super super fast shipping on the parts that I order. I am not kidding. I place an order for parts from them and 2-3 days later (never more than 3 days), my parts are at my door. Love it!!!

RMB677

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I did order a 450 Sport V2 off of e-bay. I appears to be current stock since it has the 790 gyro which, I believe, is the newer one. The problem I was running into when checking most of the retailers is that they did not have the 450 Sport V2.

Since my Blade 450 is still airworthy it may be a while till I start the build on the Align.

orbi

I have a Pro 450 and a " Plus" ( a RTF Sport version i think ) I personally would never have bought the Pro. The servos are buried inside , its a dismantle job to replace them. I watched Tony build his and he mounted the servos in the frame at the very start. I noticed too that if you mount the servo from the "inside" there is not enough room in the rounded corner of the frame for the servo to sit flat on. I had to file out a square corner for the tab to sit flat ! !. Now ive changed my servos Ive mounted the elev and just left it sticking out , Ive not bothered burying it inside the frame and it works fine. I found MG HV Turnigy 306 on hobbyking for $24 be sure you insulate the rear casings tho! HV for the price of normal great price.
check this out I got a savox 1290 on a 450 tail overkill ? yeah i guess but its silk and im only in the hovering baby stage as yet.

RMB677

Thanks for the input orbi. At the moment I have yet to open the box, I have a few other irons in the fire that I need to finish before starting to build the heli. The main reason I bought it at this time is that I currently prefer the belt driven tail since it appears the torque tube tail seem delicate and can be a costly repair when needed and the Sport V2 seemed difficult to find in stock at an acceptable price. I'm sure I'll have a number of questions when I start the build

Top Bottom