450 Align 470lm electrical help

Noob

Have you try changing your FBL unit double sided tape? I'm not sure if I mention this before. I'm at that somezheimer's age lol. You had things going in the right direction but during spooling up...all goes to hell. 3m tape works great for replacement.
lol, I used the red 3M tape that was included with the FBL unit, it's secured on there pretty good. I have some foam servo tape, its not as strong. Do you think that would be better?

I haven't really set up my radio, could that be the reason it's freaking out?

I appreciate all the help this community has given me, Glad I took tony's(rchelp youtube channel) advice and signed up, hahaha.

Last edited:

Noob

I looked at my tail rotor head when spooling it up and it looks like from that crash, it bent the shaft. So now its wobbling. I ordered one right now, it should be here Wednesday(hopefully)

Noob

He is actually asking if the foam tape you used is fresh or not... old and more stiff or brittle tape can cause trouble.
The 3m tape I used is a year old. Its just regular red 3m double side tape(not foam). I just got some new servo foam double sided tape yesterday for another project, would that be better?

RandyDSok

It takes several years for foam tapes to become brittle... add to that info that 3M's tape is some of the best... I really doubt it being a year old is a problem. I'd look at other things then.

buel williams

Have you try changing your FBL unit double sided tape? I'm not sure if I mention this before. I'm at that somezheimer's age lol. You had things going in the right direction but during spooling up...all goes to hell. 3m tape works great for replacement.
in the pictrue of your tail if your in rate mode you are at center if servo is horn is 90 degrees adjust control rod so slider is center. switch back to heading lock mode,if tail frequency is correct you should be good.if you dont know the frequency 50Hz will work.adjusting trims on TX will not so well with flybarless unit.and all your mixes is done by the unit.

Noob

in the pictrue of your tail if your in rate mode you are at center if servo is horn is 90 degrees adjust control rod so slider is center. switch back to heading lock mode,if tail frequency is correct you should be good.if you dont know the frequency 50Hz will work.adjusting trims on TX will not so well with flybarless unit.and all your mixes is done by the unit.
That's what I ended up doing. My new tail assembly gets here Friday. I found my swashplate leveler and checked my heli and my swash was a bit off, so I leveled it and I'll check my blade tracking tomorrow and I hope that'll solve the wobbling.

Last edited:

buel williams

That's what I ended up doing. My new tail assembly gets here Friday. I found my swashplate leveler and checked my heli and my swash was a bit off, so I leveled it and I'll check my blade tracking tomorrow and I hope that'll solve the wobbling.
cool beans brother, I hope all goes will. I always check my tracking and tail before a maiden flight on my stand. and merry christmas.

Top Bottom