450 Align 450L Dominator Servo question

Zuljinn

Hi guys, I have a question. I am almost done with my 450L build and last night went to complete the programming in the 3GX on my rudder servo. When I powered everything on and after selecting the first two items on the 3GX (Select 1520 and Digital) I plugged in the servo. When I plugged it in without touching the stick it traveled to the full right extent (It started centered). I tried moving the stick to get it back to center but after I got it to center it moved to the full left extent. I tried finishing the setup and still no luck. When I move the tail from side to side it just goes to the full extent and hangs there.
I am using a Spektrum DX9 and 3GX 3.1. the servo in question is the stock Align HSD52501 DS525M Digital Servo. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Tony

Staff member
Check your travel settings under the servo menu and make sure it says 100% on everything. Then, go into the rudder setup on the gyro and set your endpoints again. I have had to do that setup 5 times on the 3gx before it took.

Also, 3.1 doesn't play well on the ground. If you are just starting out, flash 2.1 on that gyro to be safe.

Let me know if there are any other issues. I will help all I can.

Zuljinn

Tony I can’t thank you enough for putting me on the right path! I read through all the version information on the 3GX and actually flashed to version 5. I went through all of my setup again even the Dir stuff. This totally fixed the servo walk issue. Now I can’t wait until the weather gets better so I can go out for my first test flight. You’re the best!!! Thank you again!!!

Tony

Staff member
It's my pleasure. One thing to note on the V5, it has known issues, which are a combination of the V3.1 and V4 issues. Sometimes it can hate to sit on the ground and sometimes it will have tail issues (bounce back issues) when in the air. But then again, some have no issues at all and it flies perfect. I do hope you are the latter. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Top Bottom