450 Align 450 pro tail servo.

trainrider06

Hi all, am re doin this 450 pro I picked up, as parts come in, and I have run into an issue with my tail servo having clearance between the tail boom mount, and servo ball.
The servo ball is right up against the tail boom block.
I am using the shortest ball on it also.
It may be the servo, it's a Futaba 9257. But I checked the size against the recommended DS520 and it looks like it should fit. Also, which side should the servo control Rod be on? Looking at it from the back of the heli, left side or right?

NordCelt

Not sure if it's exactly the same but viewed from the tail my 450 Plus has the servo slightly offset to the left. The servo arm goes to the right and the rod link is pretty centered with the tail boom.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't want to throw you off with the rod link info. Naturally it is off center a bit and to the right a bit where it attaches to the servo arm. Best just ignore the rod link comment.

trainrider06

Yeah I went and looked at the parts blowup of the heli, and with me looking at it wrong figured it was supposed to be on the right because the mount is offset..
I think my issue with the ball link is I have to remove the rubber grommets from the servo mounts.

trainrider06

Good luck with the assembly. I'll be trying to get a 300 CFX back together myself today.

Thanks! I am at a stall....waiting on parts! Stupid Post Office! Man its just getting worse and worse with them!
Over two weeks ago I ordered/bought 6 different parts from different places.....2 of them came within 3-4 days! 2 others took 7 days, and one I have been waiting on for almost 2 weeks now! Frustrating! How did the 300CFX build go?

NordCelt

Finished the 300 this afternoon just a little while ago. As I was congratulating myself for coming out perfect on hardware, no extra, no shortage. I noticed the belt tension pulleys were not installed and had to take it apart to install them. Oh well. good practice. Anyway it's all back together and ready to test fly.

Know what you mean about parts. Some places get them to you quick so I try to use them when possible. Sometimes they don't have what I need and it's a crap shoot wondering if it will come quick or take forever.

trainrider06

Good deal on the 300! I got parts today I was waiting on, getting ready to program the BeastX!
Probably a good thing parts were late gave me time to stare at the thing trying to figure a wire route on it, and did little things like sleeved the wires and such....

NordCelt

Good to hear you got the parts. Now that the 300 is together need to fly it but took the 230S out to fly yesterday and managed to slam it into the ground pretty good. Looks like I'm waiting on parts again. Broke a chunk out of the frame and busted the canopy. Servo's check good on the bench so won't cost much to fix. As I was taking it apart I was surprised to see a AR636 receiver, didn't know they used them in heli's, probably normally don't.

Not sure why I bought the 230, certainly not my favorite but it is really simple and down right strange compared to construction of other heli's. Something to play around with and learn with that's easy to fix.

murankar

Staff member
did you ever solve the ball link issue? If not I would suggest mounting the ball under the servo arm. When I had my EXI Pro i had to do that because of the same issue you are having or had. My EXI was a clone of the 450 Pro. Anyhow check that out and see if it will work.

trainrider06

Good to hear you got the parts. Now that the 300 is together need to fly it but took the 230S out to fly yesterday and managed to slam it into the ground pretty good. Looks like I'm waiting on parts again. Broke a chunk out of the frame and busted the canopy. Servo's check good on the bench so won't cost much to fix. As I was taking it apart I was surprised to see a AR636 receiver, didn't know they used them in heli's, probably normally don't.

Not sure why I bought the 230, certainly not my favorite but it is really simple and down right strange compared to construction of other heli's. Something to play around with and learn with that's easy to fix.
I want a 230s really bad! Simply because I started out on the Blade SR, and the 230s is the next of kin to that heli.
It's supposed to be pretty stable...sorry to hear you smacked it. But believe me that heli has to be a lot nicer than the SR...
That really wasn't a very good newbie to CP helis friendly bird!
But I stuck with it, and can now actually fly the thing! I don't much anymore, but every once in a while I'll take it up get some air with it....

- - - Updated - - -

did you ever solve the ball link issue? If not I would suggest mounting the ball under the servo arm. When I had my EXI Pro i had to do that because of the same issue you are having or had. My EXI was a clone of the 450 Pro. Anyhow check that out and see if it will work.

Yes I did, I removed the rubber grommets from the servo ears used to dampen the servo's in their mounts....:)

Top Bottom