General Align 3GX MRS Tail Hunting

jody1974

Hey Tony I hope your out there....I recently got an Align Trex 250.I've got a lot of tail hunt not wag and I've adjusted the roll rate and gain settings on the 3gxMrs and the tail still hunts.....can you please,please help me,I'm lost.Thankyou,Jody.

Tony

Staff member
I move this to it's own thread. Please keep posts on topic.

First question, do you have any delay set into the tail on that gyro? I know I was never able to get this gyro locked in and didn't keep it for more than a week. I highly suggest upgrading the gyro to something better such as a beastX or an Ikon. It's worth the money, trust me.

Tony

Staff member
That's what we are here for. We are happy to help out.

You say that you have adjusted the gain pot on the gyro, but have you adjusted the gain on the Tx for the tail?

Tony

Staff member
In the DX6i, you will click your wheel/roller (push the top of the roller only, pushing the bottom will break the roller) and scroll down to the Gyro menu. In there, it is probably set to "INH". You will want to change that to select a switch (I can't remember what switches or options you have, just don't put it on F-Mode). In there, you will want to put your gyro setting to about +65 to +70. On the DX6i, 50 is neutral. Anything below 50 is Rate Mode, and anything above 50 is Heading Hold mode. You always want to fly in HH mode.

Tony

Staff member
On 100, you should have one heck of a tail shake. But you say you have a slow wag, or hunting.

I guess you can try to lower it to 65 and see what happens.

jody1974

I hope I didn't mislead you.Yes the tail was quite busy!!I have now set it to 70%.The sun went down here in Virginia so,I'm going to try it tomorrow. Thankyou Tony.

Tony

Staff member
Ah okay, when I hear "tail hunt", that is a very slow, sluggish wag back and forth. Tail wag is very fast and violent.

If you still get some wag, lower it down another 5% and try it again. Make sure your Gain pot on the gyro is set to 50%, or the slot directly in line with the antennas.

And as always, let me know if it works and/or if you need more help. I will do what I can to help out, it just may take a few hours to get on here. But I will answer.

jody1974

Thankyou,thankyou.The manual bites and its hard to know what to do.You must stay really busy.You're the best...thankyou!!

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, the manual is quite lacking on information, which is what I have found from owning the 3GX and MRS, is pretty common. And it's why I did all of the videos on the 3GX, since it's so popular. I never did a video on the MRS since I didn't really like it, and I only borrowed it from another member here on teh site. I tried it out for two flights, and just couldn't get it locked in. I do hope you have better luck with it.

jody1974

Hi Tony.I finally took out the 250.The tail wagged for about 4 or5 seconds and straightened out after the that.Thankyou for the good advice.

Top Bottom