Align 3GX 5.0 Test Flight & Conclusion

Tony

Staff member
After reading about this version for the last week, I had to give it a shot myself and see if it was actually as good as everyone stated that it is. So I woke up this morning and pulled the VERY DUSTY Align 450 Pro V2 off the shelf. I deleted the file from my computer for 4.0 (which was my latest version on the helicopter). I then downloaded the file straight off the forum.

Once it was downloaded, I unzipped the package and installed it on my computer. Everything went perfect. Once it was done, I turned on my Tx, Heli, let them bind up and initialize, then went straight to firmware upgrade. I clicked upgrade and boom, it was installed. That fast. So it's a good file.

I did a quick test of settings inside, then it was off to the yard for a test hover. I will let the video explain the rest of the testing.

3GX 5 0 Test Hover & Conclusion - YouTube

Slobberdog

Tony, nice vid man,

Glad you liked V5, I found it so much better than V4

The tail make sure it's got no movement in rate mode when hovering, adjust the limits after you have done that and it should eliminate all of the bounce back, it did on mine,

Tony

Staff member
The bounce back that I had was very minimal. I think it was just the gyro seeing that you stopped, and it putting the tail exactly where you told it to stop. Very controllable. When I first went in the air, the tail twitched on camera. This was all me playing with the rudder a little soon. It was NOT the gyro doing it.

All in all, I like it.

Slobberdog

I have to fly a few more batteries through the 450 before I decide to run it on the 250 and 500, but so far it's looking like a keeper,

The glitching you had is a product of V4 and above, people have reported it to align for as long a V4 has been out, they just can't find the issue obviously.

Derek

Whoa!!! Tony is on the sticks again! I'm glad you got a couple spare minutes to check out v5. I like it so far. It's much smoother on the ground.

ps....nice looking t-shirt and hat!!!

Admiral

Tested my 450 & 500 at the field yesterday after only a quick test at home, both flew well, its the first time I've felt confident flying with either 3GX helicopter, I'm a sports flyer so I can't comment on 3D stuff but for my purposes it feels smooth and locked in, I would call it fit for purpose.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Derek. And yes, this is the shirt that you an I were talking about. The hat, what a pain in the ass that was to make lmao. And I'm sure my time on the sticks was short lived. Didn't charge the battery for that flight, didn't dust off the blades, only put the file up on the server so that others cna use it, tested the download, tested the install and did a quick test hover. I'm sure it will be January before I fly again. Fixing to transfer positions at work that will take me to about 14 hours a day from 8, 7 days a week. So I'm not going to be doing much of anything.

Keith, I have to agree with you. 5.0, and I hesitate to say this, feels as stable as the AR7200BX on the ground and in teh air! I'm completely amazed at just how well it works. I hope it stays that way because there are thousands if not millions of people out there that have this gyro and now they can finally fly it. I had plans on just throwing mine away, but now, I think I'm going ot keep it.

Top Bottom