General ahhhh need help setting swash level

dazacx2

Hello,

I have some knowledge of how the set up works in flybarless, but i am stuck at the moment.
I have just changed to Ikon and bugger me i cant get the swash right.
i have 0 at centre but +14 high stick -12 low stick i am biinding at low stick at the frames when moving ailerons, i have wound out all swash controls horns 2 turns and wound in rotor arm links but that are at their max now winding in, the program is at its max adjustment for the pitch and swash.

Any suggestions anyone.

Daza

trainrider06

Oh no I mean in the swash mix menu, there should be 3 settings Ale,Elv,pitch, should read something like 60/60/60.
Did you start out with a completely new model in the radio? What radio do you have?
Honestly it just sounds like you started out with links adjusted too far one way or the other on it. I'd go back and get the recommended link initial measurements and start from there. These can be found in the manual.

dazacx2

From what i understand you dont have that when setting 1 servo 90 degrees in the ikon set up, its controlled by the gyro.
so its not active.

trainrider06

It may be as you say, to tell you the truth I can't remember, it's been a couple years since I set one up.
Your swash links should be remeasured then and leveled back out. I forget which step that is all done in, on the
BeastX I think it's G or something, but sounds like your links are needing to be measured and set to specs.

Hello,

I have some knowledge of how the set up works in flybarless, but i am stuck at the moment.
I have just changed to Ikon and bugger me i cant get the swash right.
i have 0 at centre but +14 high stick -12 low stick i am biinding at low stick at the frames when moving ailerons, i have wound out all swash controls horns 2 turns and wound in rotor arm links but that are at their max now winding in, the program is at its max adjustment for the pitch and swash.

Any suggestions anyone.

Daza
My pitch always comes out like that when working with the Ikon or Brain. There's always a 1 or 2 degree difference between the positive and negative. I just go higher on whichever I prefer more of. For example last night I setup my 380 and had +11 and -12.5

I prefer more negative because I'm working on mild 3D

dazacx2

Hello the trouble is it goes to +17 and -14 but i cant get center higher, when i am at low and get close to -12 it binds on the bottom plate, the swash is too low, when i wind t up to get more height i cant lower the blade grips low enough to get zero pitch.

i am wonder i it is because it is set up push pull method on swash controls, when i set the swash to 120 it was hgh enough but the 1 servo 90 goes to low.
Will 120 work on the swash with an ikon?

Darren

Smoggie

I dont own an iKon but virtually all FBL controllers (except Align 3GX) dont use swash mixing in the Tx, you just set to 'single servo'

Setting up a FBL is just about being systematic and following the instructions:
  1. Do all the swash servos move in the correct direction to Tx input?
  2. Have you made all the arms perfectly level at mid stick?
  3. Is the swash level?
  4. Is the blade pitch zero at mid stick?

If you can answer yes to all those questions then you are well on your way, getting the correct pitch range should be a matter of adjusting in the FBL setup. If the +/- pitch is uneven then you probably didnt level the arms accurately.

If you can answer yes to all of above and the swash is hitting the frame then most likely there is a mechanical issue such as main shaft too short are links incorrect length.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
One other thing, unless you can manually adjust both positive and negative pitch then your links are off. Typically if you have not positive than negative then your links are to long.

What your shooting for is; while at mid stick, a centered swash. The swash has to be center on the main shaft. If it's not the the result is uneven pitch.

With Vbar I can adjust both negative and positive pitch independently of each other. In the end the gyro finds the center of travel for me. Down side is that my servo movement may not be the same in both directions or my swash may not be center when the servo arms are center.

Top Bottom