500 Agile strange vib

treff

Been flying the Agile 5.5 for a few weeks now and really enjoying the experience. It out performs my old grey matter and is
a delight to fly. One thing I have noticed which I think is quite strange is on lift off if I let the head speed build up with the heli
sitting on the floor then lift off I get a tail vib but if I lift off the ground before the speed gets to maximum then there is no vibration
at all. Strange. I just wondered if anyone had come across this before. I'm not sure what the head speed is but I am running at
80% of throttle. In IU I go up to 90% and things are pretty smooth but only if I get off the ground before max head speed.

Just a quick update...........................I have had 3 test flights today and definitely no vibs at all with the quick lift off so
any thought would be most welcome. It's not a great problem just wanted to know what could be causing such vibration.
Just one funny, well not that funny at the time. I did a punch out straight up and in 5 seconds the Agile had disappeared into low
cloud. To say I nearly had a brown out of the trousers is putting it mildly. Cheers

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
If you think thats fast, go into full fast forward flight with it. That will cause some trouser skids. LOL!!!! As for the vibe, not sure what would cause it to happen.

stokke

I had some tail vibes in the 7.2. It was a mechanical geometry issue. I just lengthened the tail pitch control rod one turn and it was solved. I have had the same issue with other models as well - same solution.

treff

Thanks for that stokke I will give that a try. Must say I am really enjoying this 5.5 now, talk about being fast Wow! Thanks again.

treff

Hey Stokke, your the man my friend. I did one turn on the tail pushrod and vib gone brilliant. Thanks.
Hi Lee, yes I must get down to doing another vid and posting. I have been flying up the mountain near the house and it really is fantastic fun but you have to wait for the right weather. I sent
for a load of spares which arrived this morning, usual stuff main and feathering shafts. Skids, belt, all the stuff needed for those "moments" Hope
I'm not tempting fate to much. I am trying to get down inverted back and forward flight where I don't have to think about it then I'm going to build from there.
Still hobbling around here. Thanks again stokke, I would never have thought of doing that. Cheers

Last edited:

stokke

Hey Stokke, your the man my friend. I did one turn on the tail pushrod and vib gone brilliant. Thanks.
Hi Lee, yes I must get down to doing another vid and posting. I have been flying up the mountain near the house and it really is fantastic fun but you have to wait for the right weather. I sent
for a load of spares which arrived this morning, usual stuff main and feathering shafts. Skids, belt, all the stuff needed for those "moments" Hope
I'm not tempting fate to much. I am trying to get down inverted back and forward flight where I don't have to think about it then I'm going to build from there.
Still hobbling around here. Thanks again stokke, I would never have thought of doing that. Cheers

You're welcome. Glad it worked!

Top Bottom