Scale Advice needed!

Hy, i just got a 700 size Bell 222 it flies great. it flies with Ikon wich i love and 2 regular remote receivers (spm9645). Ihave been told that i need to switch them for SPM 9746, are they absolutly needed or mine are ok? thanks for your great advice!

RandyDSok

It would depend on what your model is made of and if you were able to properly position your current antennas outside of it as is typically recommended or not so you limit any receptions issues caused by being inside of a fuselage that may obstruct the radio signal... a fuselage such as carbon fiber would be one such example. The SPM 9746 is suppose to be easier to place the antenna outside of a fuse, other than that it probably has little else to add.

It would depend on what your model is made of and if you were able to properly position your current antennas outside of it as is typically recommended or not so you limit any receptions issues caused by being inside of a fuselage that may obstruct the radio signal... a fuselage such as carbon fiber would be one such example. The SPM 9746 is suppose to be easier to place the antenna outside of a fuse, other than that it probably has little else to add.
Thanks for your input. My fuse is in fiberglass and because signal can easely go through fiberglass, you suggest to put antennas outside the fuse?
If so i will than try to find a way to hide them well.

Admiral

I believe he is saying that the spm9645 are good for fiberglass but not for Carbon Fiber, so you should be OK with what you have.

RandyDSok

I believe he is saying that the spm9645 are good for fiberglass but not for Carbon Fiber, so you should be OK with what you have.

Well... yes... the receivers you have will be fine and no need to change to the others. But...

In either case... if you had a carbon fiber fuse and your current antenna's extended outside of it... those receivers would also be fine. In fact, the other receivers would still require that you place them outside of a carbon fiber fuse.... They only make doing that easier with how they did the antennas. Carbon fiber blocks radio signals with either receiver type that you would have.

Top Bottom