Spektrum Adventures With The Spektrum Ix-12

bigone5500

I bought this Tx due to the fact that it has an android interface, can configure a quad in the field, and has as many channels as I will ever need. I guess I'll be using this thread as a log of sorts for this Tx. It will contain my opinions and experiences with it.

So far I like it. There are ups and downs with it but that is probably with any Tx. A couple complaints I have that stand out the most from any are the slow boot times. From the moment I press the power button to the time it chirps that it's ready is 1:43. It has to boot android and then start spektrum airware. If you are one who wants to fly quick and have no patience, then this Tx is not for you. The second complaint is the slow android interface. It runs on an Allwinner A33 quad core processor. I don't know any more specs than that but I think it has 1GB memory and the android version is 5.1.1. When I get an adapter cable, I will be testing the OTG connection to see if I can use it to tune my quads and use the CLI to bind.

Admiral

Hi Jarod, a quick couple of questions:
Is the case Plastic or Alloy ?
I understand it doesn't support DSM2 correct ?
Does it have a sleep mode rather than shutting completely down between flights ?
What battery does it come with ?

bigone5500

The case is plastic. I am unsure of sleep mode or DSM2 support. It comes with a 1S 6000 mAh LiIon battery which gives 6 hours of run time. Charges supposedly take 6 hours at 2A charge rate but I think that may be incorrect.

Tony

Staff member
I was wondering about the startup time. Nothing is said about that in all of their "this is the BEST TX EVAR" posts they are spamming on facebook.

Admiral

It must have been an EU review that I read, thanks for that, that eliminates one barrier to buying one, the Grand kids would never forgive me if I couldn't fly the MSR, Bell 47 or Ember2 for them.

Top Bottom