Projects Adapt a new receiver and transmitter

Pancho

I have a Helicopter, Sky King 8105. Unfortunately I lost my transmitter. Cannot buy a new one, they are not available and haven't been successful finding a good used one. because of my situation, with my HelicopterI would like to adapt a new system that's more reliable like the 2.4 Mgz. I've being looking at the sky fly system. My Helicopter has 2 motor a CW and a CCW and a little motor at the tail and lights. mI've never done this kind of adapting but I can't see why not. Since this Helicopter only has motors I don't know how to connect them with the ESC. Do I need three ESC and where do I do the connection on the receiver? I appreciate any information you can provide me. Hopefully we can get this back flying.
King Regards
Paul Levallois

RandyDSok

That is a toy grade helicopter from around the 2010-2011 era. As such, any hobby grade radio and receiver you get will probably cost more than the heli did when it was new. As a toy grade airframe, just finding someone else familiar with it would be difficult at this point over 10 years later. It may be possible what you are asking but you will likely be on your own and I'd suggest you ask if it is really worth the effort or not.

If you do try... you could still probably use the radio you get for a newer model at some point later given it's of decent quality as well. I'd also recommend that you do a bit of research to see what new models require in a radio before choosing one to attempt converting that one over. That way, the radio you get could move forward when / if you do get a new model.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi Pancho, I totally agree with RandyDSok. Sounds like you had a coaxial helicopter and they do exist today. Horizon Hobby for one and other companies have micros that are also a coaxial, good for beginner's at a low cost. But also look at the newer FBL (fly bar less) that ready to fly that come with a transmitter. Yes they do cost more but with the various models available it's what you want out of the hobby and the amount willing to spend. These are collective pitch and have a gyro system that help a new pilot learn to fly successfully. You can go on line or hobby store and find one that is what you are looking for:peaceful:. Many shops have staff or know of someone who can help guide you along. Also there are many good You Tube videos on any subject that pertains to flying RC helicopters and airplanes. Season members of this forum have many years of experiences in flying and are excellent source of information and motivation. They have helped me get back in the air after almost 30 years absence. We are all here to help you not only enjoy the hobby but become a very successful and happy RC pilot. Best regards, Jim

Top Bottom