AccuRC2.0

Tony

Staff member
So.... I purchased this sim back in 2018, and didn't really like it. bigone5500 also purchased it, adn didn't like it for online sessions. The Dev's reached out to me on this after I posted a negative review of the product, and it basically came down to, "we can't help you". So, I quit playing it..... for a long time... Below is the picture of my steam page as of today.

Capture.PNG

Well, today I'm going to install it and see if they have fixed the issues. I will also be firing up an online session to see if that works even half way to what we expect for online. I really miss phoenix...

One thing that I'm hoping they added was the ability to make private rooms rather than just a lobby for anyone to come into. It would be nice to get in there with just the members of RCH.... I guess I will find out when I load this game up on my system... I will keep you all posted.

Geena

Staff member
I don`t like accuRC because of having to use steam to use the simulator, for one. Way back when I first got accuRC, before it was released (I got a copy from Bobby) it was like any other simulator. You buy it, install it, and use it. With no other programs needed. I honestly didn`t care for it. It was glitchy, hard to set up, hard to navigate, and just about impossible to get the models to fly right. Also, the system requirements to run it were so unreasonable, that anything less than a professional gamer`s computer would not even run it properly. So I tossed the disc and the USB dongle in the trash and moved on. I don`t know if they fixed any or all of that or not, but I`m not going to take the chance by buying it to find out. Besides, why would you want to have to use steam, or any other gaming site just to run a simulator that you already paid for? I`, with you, Tony. I miss Phoenix too. It was in my opinion, the best simulator on the market.

Tony

Staff member
I have found a lot of the creators are using Steam, Epic and the like to do their sales of the games/sims. In the end, you do install it the same way, you can put an icon on the desktop just like with any disk, and it can run without having to open Steam, but you are correct, you must use Steam (as far as I know) to purchase it ($50...) and install it. Please don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from lol.

With that said, I installed it, plugged in the Interlink, and had a flight online. So by myself, it seemed 'okay'... No glitching that I saw before, but again, I was by myself, and no one else came in the lobby.

Speaking of the lobby, it's still open to the world and no way to lock it down with a password... This is dumb in my book as I don't want just any jack out there to come in and just start crashing people, and I have to remove them. I would rather know who is coming in and if they do crash people, it will likely be unintentional as most are still learning.

I did a few flights, I tried the different settings for the helicopter (beginner, sport, something, 3d) and they are sluggish at best. Definitely not something that I would expect to still be happening with a sim this old. They should, and have had the time needed to make this a proper sim. As it sits right now, this is a horrible "Game" with no objective that pretty much anyone with an Xbox controller and fly in.

My review still stands, I'm not a fan of AccuRC2.0.

With that said, Geena, what is your favorite helicopter simulator (sans phoenix of course, RIP)? I had a stream last night and had it brought up that they would like to see sim sunday return, so I'm thinking about it... Just need a good simulator for people to use.

Geena

Staff member
When I do.....rarely......use a simulator, I use next. It`s the neXt best thing to Phoenix....see what I did there? hahaha. But I haven`t really used a simulator since Phoenix died, and failed to rise from the ashes....I did it again...LOL. I just use my X3L for learning new stuff.

Tony

Staff member
lmao, love it!

So if we were to start Sim Sunday back up, You think we should make neXt GCM the simulator we run? I mean, it's $90-$100 for the sim, which is the same as RF9.5, and I'm pretty sure updates are free, just like with Phoenix.... Just looking for options at this point, as I SERIOUSLY need to get back on a sim before I grab the sticks on anything lol. It's been well over a year since I turned my DX9 on... Yea, I know...

Geena

Staff member
I think I still have the next disc somewhere around here, and I can pick up a cheap radio to use with it. If I don`t have the disc anymore, I can get a new one.

Tony

Staff member
Copy, thank you Geena. Let me see what my finances are like after checking with "the boss" and I may be picking this up. It'll be nice getting everyone back together again!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
When I do.....rarely......use a simulator, I use next. It`s the neXt best thing to Phoenix....see what I did there? hahaha. But I haven`t really used a simulator since Phoenix died, and failed to rise from the ashes....I did it again...LOL. I just use my X3L for learning new stuff.
Ditto here Geena. Once phoenix died, I haven't had any interest in a sim. I'll learn with the my mistakes I'll make. An oh boy can I make some mistakes :whistle:

bigone5500

lmao, love it!

So if we were to start Sim Sunday back up, You think we should make neXt GCM the simulator we run? I mean, it's $90-$100 for the sim, which is the same as RF9.5, and I'm pretty sure updates are free, just like with Phoenix.... Just looking for options at this point, as I SERIOUSLY need to get back on a sim before I grab the sticks on anything lol. It's been well over a year since I turned my DX9 on... Yea, I know...
You may want to check your batteries if it has alkaline in it. I hate dealing with corrosion.

bigone5500

Copy, thank you Geena. Let me see what my finances are like after checking with "the boss" and I may be picking this up. It'll be nice getting everyone back together again!
I really wish I could just get a new graphics card for this laptop. Well I could but like I have said before, this thing is almost 9 years old and a card for it, like the one it came with, is about $150. I can't bring myself to pay that when I know for a few more dollars I can get a current GPU. It sucks having a house note... But as for the sim, it will have to be able to half decently work with my on board HD4000.

bigone5500

Hmmm... quick searchez on the amazonz showz precious is only $106! I may have to spend my simulus at the amazonz. When it comes in I will be like Gollum. MY PRECIOUSSSS!!!!!

Ok. That was bout dumb...

Top Bottom