General About to buy but still need help

Norny

Just moved from introduction area got some real good info but being UK based I need some info on chargers and paralell boards. Im thinking of the thunder ac6 or equal quality. What board will do for a msrx and a future cmpx.

- - - Updated - - -

Any advice on online uk based shops that stock these. I will be checking the links when I get my laptop later.

Thanks for the links and sound advice lads

Lee

I know this may be too soon, but, I was about to sell a 450 hell to a friend, but his car just died and he can't afford the heli. If you're interested, we could sort out a great beginner package for you. I have the heli ready to fly with batteries, charger, A tonne of spares. Theres even an aluminium carry case, but that may be too heavy/expensive to post. The only other thing you would need in the radio gear. Let me know what you think, before i open it up to the rest of the heli nation.

Tony

Staff member
Just FYI, the mSR and mCP-X use two different batteries. The mCP-X has a larger plug. I would get a good charger and get the parallel boards for each one. Then you can charge 6 batteries at a time.

as for where, Lee is the best option for that. And that heli he is selling is a great beginner ccpm heli.

Norny

I would love to buy it Lee but sadly too close to christmas and having 2 teenage girls presents aren't so cheap now lol. Humble beginnings my friend. My friend bought that axion excell 200 so my wife went out and bought me a £8 3ch heli which was manure, but like a bus when waiting ages for one, the door knocked and the post man handed me my syma s800g.

I was impressed by the little thing but being a 4 ch coax I was expecting to fly it straight away. If i'd have known how hard this hovering is I don't think i'd have bothered but 4 batts run I'm starting to catch the bug. On ther hand my friend who has been playing with coax's for years who took my advice in getting his first fp heli didn't however take my advice on training gear and hovering exercises. He crashed and burned on his maiden flight. I think i'll get the tx and sim first and just fly my cheap little syma to death.

Back to Lee, to be honest I'd be scared to fly a 450 class with my experience as have seen some accidents with them. I think I'll stick with small underpowered and alot less harmful to the over excited beginner, but thanks for the offer, maybe when I've flown loads of hours on a sim and have my orientations honed I would safley consider an offer like that.

Hi Tony will be watching your tube vids again on christmas when santa brings my dx6i.

- - - Updated - - -

excuse spelling and grammar was a bit excited and can't type as fast and as accurate as I think I can alot like my flying skills. need a proof reader.

Lee

No worries mate, i'm sure someone will want it. I'm doing a winter clearout of all heli stuff excess to requirements :D

murankar

Staff member
Don't worry about the fear, that's normal. When I moved from the 120sr to 450 I was like, wow. Then I saw a 700 and I was like: boy that 450 is small. Good luck!

Lee

My first heli was a 450. If you're gonna be flying in your back yard then it willl be intimidating. In a field it looks way smaller and friendlier.

john2012

Banned
well i hope im putting this in the right place. well i have got my DX8 tx that tony unboxed the same one and the phoenix simulator and i have the new blade mcx2 and this was damaged is shipment and horizion is sending me a replacement swash for the damaged one and i also recieved my T-Rex 450 sport V2 but got from helidirect and im happy with all that i have also working on the sims and learning a lot thank for all the help so far im wanting to know what type lipo should i use on the trex 450 and im going to use the deans connectors

Top Bottom