A Tale of two bad Tails.. and 30 seconds of flying.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
So,
today pretty much went in the books of BAD days of flying.

Trex 450 Pro: Had finally got it all together after my last amazing flight that happened in 35mph wind. It was a challenge. Then I did something that pointed my heli down, and a wind ghust pushed it hard into the soil. Well . I was still happy. SO TODAY.. I go out so happy to fly again, esp NO WIND conditions. Take off.. pitch pump... tail starts to give more, and a little more,, and a little more.. now its becoming an almost fully piroetting bird.. I am like NO NO NO I can land you its a slow pyro still.. as I come lower, load on the head decreses, head speed increases and bird goes in a CRAZY pyro 1ft over the ground and piles over into it. UGHH.. that took 15 seconds. OK that was bad.. what happened you might ask ? Two screws holding the tail tight were just not tight enough and tail started to slip out.. That'll do it I said..

Hey its ok.. I got my 130X.. That wouldnt disappoint me. I love it!

BUT!!! I get it all ready to go.. and all of a sudden, that bird starts to wag.. BAD.. and tail hold is awful. I am like.. NO NOT YOU!!! NOT YOU!!! and yep.. she gave in.. a foot above the ground, the D gear decided to strip to shreds and just piled over. I was in shock and thinking to myself .. Man this is just cursed. I am not touching another heli .. lol.. The D gear was fine yesterday.. I dont know how, but it went. Well.. Its literally a $1 repair.. but I decide to do it right there on the field.. In haste, I break the tail pitch slider.... now all of a sudden this became a 15 dollar repar... I just quit right there. Threw it all in the car and got myself a drink!

Two tails in one day.. HOW IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE! lol! I am just baffled! lol BAD BAD BAD day. Good part is.. all i need is to put in new blades on the 450, and a new shaft. tighten the screws. get it working again. May be even pin the freaking tail now.

and replace the two parts on my 130 to get ready for actualy field flying toorrow morning. When I will have all 4 of my helis out. Really hoping my Kinetic tracks this time. Had to buy some CF 600mm blades finally.

Lee

Just one of those days Gaba. We are having a meeting at the local football field this sunday. Helis Planes and FPV guys from around the area. I'm hoping i can make it. Our tenant is leaving our apartment on Sunday and we need to go there to sort stuff out :(

Adam

Hey i have faith in you they will be ready to go. And if there not you got stories to tell man.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Lol exactly!! That's hard core stuff dude! I went thw light diet coke route! ;P heehee

As far as the birds. Both are airworthy again! I had enough parts to repair both the birds!

Also the kinetic ad I said has new blades and now it won't stop raining. Hope it stops tomorrow.. :)

Tony

Staff member
you cna send that rain back up here. I loved it those 3 nights it rained here lol.

murankar

Staff member
It's raining down south of you gaba also. Now it is a drizzle. We had such a down pour for such a long period of time that we had some minor flooding that should be gone by the end of the weekend.

Top Bottom