A perfect day in Tarifa

Lee

Today the wind arrived, but it was very strange.
On the water it was windy enough to Kitesurf, but on the sand dune there was hardly any wind, but loads of lift.
We flew our gliders and some guys were paragliding.
I put a camera on the glider, which is up loading now.
Here is a view from the dune while you are waiting :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Derek

That's an amazing view! It looked like quite a few para-gliders were out today.

Lee

Heres the video from the glider.
I cut out a lot because close to the ground was very turbulent with the thermic activity.
One of the Paragliders had a slight accident.
He stalled his glider, luckily over the water. He went in about 50m from the beach, and was helped out by friends.
No physical damage. Just very wet :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
test post, please ignore,

Praesent eu ultrices justo. Pellentesque hendrerit urna fringilla elit suscipit elementum. Sed porttitor facilisis metus ut hendrerit. In hendrerit velit in fringilla gravida. Nulla ultricies nisl nisi, quis eleifend neque pharetra non. Fusce mollis viverra arcu, id facilisis elit venenatis id. Integer posuere magna vitae felis luctus, a posuere erat blandit.

Barge

Nice video Lee, I couldn't see any ice bergs so that's a bonus, A fair bit of activity out on the water mate, did ya go for a dip?

Lee

Thanks.
Yes I was in the water before flying.
Those guys on the water are Kitesurfing. Thats my job, I'm a Pro kitesurfer.

Lee

I spent a season working on the Cocos Island Barge.
Flew out from Perth. Spent a couple of weeks kiting in Perth while waiting for my flight back to the UK.
Stayed with friends in City Beach just off The Boulevard. Awesome time. My friend actually took up flying helis after seeing my MCPX.

Barge

Thanks Lee, now I'm dark green:damnit:. I often watch the kites at Cottesloe or Port Beach when the Doctor is blowing, that sorts the men from the boys. A kite surfer died at Cott Main last year, I don't know if you heard about it or not, very sad. Here's a link to the story.

Kite-surfer dies in freak accident at WA's Cottesloe Beach - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

You sure know how to pick the right places to stay and work that's for sure. I lived in Wembley just across the road from the pub for a while, nice neighbourhood.

Keep it safe mate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom