Kits 6s FunJet Ultra Build

Tasajara

Added a video

Well not much of a video but you can kinda get an idea that this plane moves on pretty good.
Once I get a few more flights under my belt I will do a wot dive and see what kinda of speed it gets.
All passes were level flight with little run up distance and you can hear when I throttle up...
Wish I had a video camera but the gopro was all I had. Hope you can see it well enough...

6s FunJet
[video=youtube_share;QGIrg-Ug1Vw]http://youtu.be/QGIrg-Ug1Vw[/video]

pvolcko

Very cool. Half a minute of boredom punctuated by a second one or two of screaming fun, at least in the video. :) Need an HD encoding to be able to see it after its more than a second away.

Tony

Staff member
Dude, that launcher works really well, very nice. And man that thing moves pretty good. Told you that you couldn't help going full throttle hahahaha.

murankar

Staff member
That is straight up sick. Good luck with the air show.

- - - Updated - - -

That is straight up sick. Good luck with the air show.

Derek

Mega-WOW!!! I love that launcher...and that plane....WOW!!! what a sound!!! Very cool.

You mentioned, in your video, that you may have too much throw on the surfaces. I'd like to see another video after you make some adjustments and fly it again. I'd like to hear what you think about the plane, then.

All I can say now is you did an awesome job! I love the color scheme and graphics and "wow" that thing is fast, lol.

Two thumbs up!!!

Lee

Nice one Craig,
What expo do you have on it? I use 40% on my fast jets to tone it down a bit. I'm gonna ave to get mine up and running again. Nothing like it to quench the need for speed.

Tasajara

Thanks Guys....
LMAO @ breeze400 .... funny, I got a set of 52 yr old eyes myself thats why I dont go faster.. hahaha
Lee I checked my expo and it is at 35% when I bump it up from the 6x6 prop to 7x7 I may drop it
a little more. Faster it goes the less you need, don't want to delay the control movements at this speed. :playful:
I wish I had a real video camera to video it with you could get the full picture....
I was thinking about getting an extra canopy and install an HD key chain camera in it. I think the video would be cool...

Last edited:

Lee

Funny you say to reduce it rather than increase it. I have found that more expo is better the faster you go, to reduce the sensitivity/travel compared to stick movement. The higher speed means less deflection needed to create the same steering effect.

Tasajara

I look at it as delaying my reaction time with more. If I need less movement I change my throws / end points
It's all about what works for you... I have a few fast planes that I have 25% on.
SunRacer pylon plane to be one...
Have not got a good video of this plane But I did almost catch it on a good high speed pass LOL.
Look @ 2:30 in the top right corner of the video screen you will catch a short glimpse of it going by...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
I agree, I use more expo for faster planes, or for more total control surface movement. Either way, it's what works for you. I think you should definitely put a camera in the canopy! That would be great. But you have to do a really low pass to get the right effect lol.

Lee

If you limit the throws then in an emergency, you have taken away the ability to crank out of a bad situation. By adding expo you are basically reducing the throws anyway around center stick without loosing the travel to crank it out of a potential crash.
But everyone has there way and what work for one may no work for another. As long as it works :D
Please get a camera on that beast :D

scornman

Great work. I am building something similar my self. I was wondering how you mounted the motor as the threaded end is at the propeller end. Any chance of some internal shots of your funjet? Thanks in advance

sok72

Well I got a fun Jet a while back and thought I would do a build thread on my Build...

I will be glassing and adding a few extra things on my build. It want be a stock setup.

So here is a list of the parts I am using.
Turnigy SK3 Fandrive - 3659-1900kv (90mm EDF)
Yes an edf motor turning a prop... the reason was it is rated for 1770 watts but with good cooling it will be pushing more like 2000+.
Hobbyking SS Series 190-200A ESC
I should be pulling in the 100 to 120amp range.
Corona DS939HV Digital Metal Gear Servo 2.8kg/ 12.5g/ 0.12sec
These servos seem to work very well and seem to be pretty strong for what I am doing.
I will be using a Castle Creations Switching BEC
That way I can adjust he voltage a little higher for my digital servos to 7.2 volts giving them a little more torque.
Thunder Power G6 2700mAh Pro Power 6S 22.2V 65C Lipo Pack I wanted to spend a little extra
and get a battery I know would last and handle the power I would be pushing...
Aeronaut Propellers CAM Electric 7x7
But for my maiden I will use a 6x6 Graupner Cam prop to check temps on my power system. Don't want to push it to hard till I get use to flying it
and get it all trimmed in.
I will be replacing the stock motor mount for this one....Motor Mount w/Screws: FunJet ULTRA
The metal mount will be much stronger and also act as a heat sink for the motor.

Here are a few pics of my parts..

View attachment 4879View attachment 4880View attachment 4881

View attachment 4879

View attachment 4880

View attachment 4881
Dear Sir, How did u mount the motor on the back plate? did it need any special modifications? or was it a drop fit in the existing holes? thank you, best regards Shehzad

Top Bottom