600 600 canopy change

canongraphy

ok guys I need you to help brainstorm here, I need to think of a way to change my canopy from my Align 600 ESP DFC
since adding the DFC head, I am now authorized to be sporting the 600E DFC canopy LOL
I like the looks of it. Already have one on the way for my 450 :worked_till_5am:
My 600 has only 2 mounts, I know I can add 2 more, but until I get the DFC canopy I have no idea what to change.
My question is I guess is can it probably be done, or is there absolutely no way to make it fit? or is the ESP too wide?
Has anyone ever tried it on a ESP model?
oh and I think I figured out what the ESP is......Electric Special Parts! cause a lot of stuff is different hahaha
I will probably go ahead at some point and order the canopy, then I will know, just curious what the opinion is here.
I know its not going to just clip on with ease....but I want to find some way for it to work if possible.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
You can make anything work if you play with it long enough. If you are dead set on the DFC canopy, get it and see what you have to do. Worst case is you have to drill new holes in the canopy and/or make new stand-off's.

canongraphy

Tony that's what I want to hear! LOL positive thinking, yea I definitely have to drill holes, as long as it isn't too narrow, I will make it work.
There is a tool for every job

Westy

LEGEND
If you drill new holes .... Go With Gabsi's idea of putting the Rare Earth Magnets on both the canopy and the frame! You will make it work for sure ... just make sure your batteries are in or it might not fit!

I have to mod my ESP to take the Bigger batteries .... just a re-drill and re shape of the canopy! looks fine though.

Top Bottom