500 500 size recommendation

Marshall

Hi Guys, I have spent several months thinking the hobby I love just isn't for me Until I got my new Align 500, At first I thought my god what a beast but after my first flight/hover I realised that the first helicopter I purchased just is not for a beginner!
The fact is if you know a person who wants to get into this hobby and you want to put them off, tell them to buy a 250 dfc pro 3gx like I did, For a beginner that model is almost impossible to fly.
Like many I suppose I thought that when you start this hobby, you get yourself the smallest and work your way up, well to an extent it may be true but not in my case.
With the new bird I have just got and a really good sim I have managed to progress more in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 3 months.
I can even hover my old walkera 22E now! and thats like flying a rattly bag of bones :).
Anyway guys just thought I would let you know of my progress and check in and tell you that I am now newly enthused.

Happy Flying Guys, Thanks for all advise, and I will update soon of my progress/crashes etc.

Andy.

Tony

Staff member
The 250 is a bad idea for ANY new pilot. that is what I tell every member that is wanting to get into flying. I tell them that just because it's small, doesn't mean it's easier or cheaper. A 450 is MUCH more stable and the crashes cost the same. 500 is more expensive, but reacts a bit slower and is way more stable than a 450. 250's are for those that can take a larger bird up and make it do what you tell it to and bring it back down.

Glad you are getting along in teh hobby. Now, we just need some video lmao.

Lee

Even when you can throw a bigger bird around, i found the 250 to be the worst heli i have flown to date. So hard to get it flying smoothly. I spent weeks and weeks trying to get it dialled in, but eventually gave up and sold it. I told the guy before he bought it, but he said he wanted the challenge :D

Top Bottom