500 or bigger fund

Slobberdog

Well I am half way to my 500, the money is stacking well, now I wish I could make up my mind to what exactly to get, been looking to see if there is any good bargians coming through the classified post x-mas but what has is to for away for me to travel easy and to be honest they are still scarse,

I wish I had a hobby flowering money tree at the bottom of the garden that would help so much, but hey ho I will get there soon enough.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
HaHa..I wish i had that tree also. I am pretty sure you will make the right decision. one of the guys at our field just picked up the T-rex 550. its a nice bird with parts available everywhere. the only issue i see is the main shaft gets surface rust quick, minor issue.

Slobberdog

Antony I like the look of a couple of birds but they are defo out of my range, logo 480 and gobby 500 dont know if i would have the nadgers to put one in the air though, but also like the protos, so i dont know at the moment, maybe something will come along and make the decision easier.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Antony I like the look of a couple of birds but they are defo out of my range, logo 480 and gobby 500 dont know if i would have the nadgers to put one in the air though, but also like the protos, so i dont know at the moment, maybe something will come along and make the decision easier.

Protos! that was one of my favorite birds. too bad she wasent Nitro..lol Parts are cheap for that baby.

Westy

LEGEND
what abouta Compas Atom 500???? they are robust and solid...... I met hte NZ 3d champ a couple of weeks ago and all he flies is Comppas ..... 7HV V2 Ultimate .... 6HV v2 Ultimate .... atom ..... great machines ..... I want to buy a brand new 7HV v2 off him .... but do not have the funds right now .... deal was of the hook!

Slobberdog

Nice looking heli Westy but next to nowt spares back up in the uk so not good choice for me I think,

Lee

There is a guy here in the UK selling a Compass 7HV with two canopies and motor for £250 or £200 without motor.
Its very tempting.

Slobberdog

Well it would seem like my bigger heli fund just took a turn for the better!

Been speaking to the wife this morning as it's her birthday, and she was asking me what I want for my 40th and I told her a bigger heli, as she was going to get me a good watch of my choice, but she is going to give me cash if I want it, as we are going to a good model show in May as well so I can look there,

So I have 4 months to save, I have a good bit at the moment, so with what I could save and what I have along with birthday cash I might be looking at a 550 instead of the 500.

Ken Jackson

I sure love my Trex 500. It started out as an EXI 500 flybar, belt drive. I like all the higher priced birds, Whiplash, Protos, Goblin, etc but I'd rather be able to find parts locally. There are a lot of options for places to buy align parts. I seriously considered the 550 but because of the size the parts will cost more. So for now my 500 and new 450 DFC PRO will be fine. Maybe in a year or two I'll get a 700 once I know most of my crashing days are behind me.

Good luck Kev choosing but I can tell you from my experience you wouldn't be disappointed with a 500, it is much larger then the 450 and flies like a big bird. I have flown the 700 and its cool but my 500 is quicker.

Ken

Slobberdog

Yeah speed is not top on the priority list, I got the 450 that moves quick enough, oh and the 130x I want a solid in the air bird,

Obviously getting hold of parts has got to be easy, but got a good choice over here, top three at the moment is

Trex 500 pro DFC
Protos 500 carbon
Blade 500x

But blade and Protos could swap as Protos is a lot more to get in the air, have been looking at the Logo's but man they get expensive, but I do like them, design wise.

But the biggest problem for me is the batteries double in price between the 500 and 550 size birds, so in essence

500 bird 3 to 5 hundred dollars cheaper to start with and then I can get 2 batteries for the price of one for the 550, based on prices in the UK,

Tony

Staff member
Kev, do yourself a favor and go for the 550. Yeah, you have to run two batteries (or one large battery) but it's a much larger and better bird. And, with blades and a tail boom, you can have a 600 out of this thing. You will of course have to upgrade your ESC, motor and batteries for 8s+, but it can be done. My vote is for the 550.

Tony

Staff member
Semantics! That is a one time purchase. like the helicopter kit! That's what I tell the wife anyway :chuckles:

Slobberdog

I get you Tony, and I have just found a 4500 30c pack for the same price as a 2600 pack, so that takes that excuse away,

I would prefer the 550 but not 100% that I could get there yet! cost of parts don't worry me to much, lol I don't plan on crashing! hopefully

murankar

Staff member
One brand a lot of people pass over is Gaui. Take a look at the X5, nit sure if it's a 550 or 500.

The protos line can get expensive real quick. I know, I've been there done that. Although it is a great kit overall.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom