General 5 blade 450 pro has a bit of a lean going on

Lee

A lot of people have stretch there 450s. They do fly much better than the stock, but of all the guys i know that have that and the Warp360, hands down they say the Warp is way better. I may be biased, as i have one :D They are doing a combo deal on them now for $799 with Tracx FBL unit (Brain/Ikon) Compass servos and Hobbywing 40A esc. I know your wife said no more, but i'd try and sneak this one in the door :D
I have no experience with the 5 bladed head yet mate. Looks so good though.

Lee

The 500 is a sweet heli. I had one before. Once you have that though, you know you'll want a 600, then a 700. I did :D

Lee

Looked good to me Kenny. I have a nice 600 waiting for a new home if you want ;) LOL I'm sure the wife won't notice :D

kennyboypro

Thanks for the kind offer, but no can do my friend, and i think a 500 is the biggest i want to go really, the 600 need 2 x batteries to run dont they, and they arnt cheap, nice heli tho, especially the 600 pro, now that i do like

- - - Updated - - -

and the other problem with going bigger than a 500 is, you would need to join a club to fly them, i think your at your limit with a 500 over a park

Tony

Staff member
Looks like it's getting there. One thing that worries me is the metallic sound that I hear when you are in the air. Also, until you put the fuse on it, I would suggest putting the tail support rods on the tail. It might help with the tail shakes. There is only one heli that I know of that is made without tail supports, and that is the Warp 360. But, that is a 450 heli with a 500 size tail boom.

And was that an MD500 that flew over head?

Lee

Very nice mate. Should look awesome with the Fuse on it.
Tony i think that was a EC 135/145

kennyboypro

tony.
im still playing with it mate, i know the blades are balance, but they probably need tracking in.
also, the throttle and pitch curves need to be sorted on it, i have been on the forums to get an idea as to what pitch and throttle curves should be, and most people have there own idea as to what they should be.
i wish i could find someone out there that can say for sure a 450 with 5 blade head needs to be.
other than that, i will just have to keep chaging them until it flies ok.
i definately need to set the esc to soft start, so heli dont spin out as soon as i give a bit of throttle, also, i have to throttle up slowly or it will spin out, so if its doing that whilst on the ground, whats it going to be like in the air if i have to punch the throttle a little, is it going to spin out in the air ?

Lee

As a scale heli, you're not going to be doing any inverted 3D stuff, so 11/12º negative pitch is not necessary. You need just enough to cope with windy conditions during take off and landing. I would dial in about -4º pitch and positive just leave as full range what ever that is with your set up, 10,11,12º ??
It shouldn't spin out in the air, as the tail will be spinning at full RPMs and have proper authority. In spool up, the tail has zero authority, so thats what causes the spin out.
Having a good soft start will sort out your issue no probs. I can set my CC to 12 second spool up, which is a bit too long. I can go have a sandwich while its spooling up :D

Top Bottom