450 450 Tip Over Fault

Graham Lawrie

Are you cleaning the bolts and the inside of the feathering shaft with alcohol before putting the bolts in it with thread locker?
Yes Tony, I learnt that from you after the first mistake, I am using high strength grade this time 55.

I have had contact from Align UK who dont think it is a servo issue.

I have just stripped all the wires from the 3GX and re-mounted the 3GX with another double sides sticker so two now bewtween it and the heli.
Await clear spell to test now, starting to run out of options now!!??!!

I can see this on the for sale section soon. If i had a store near me i would put it in to see if they can figure out the problem:(

Tony

Staff member
Only about 1% of the issues are the electronics in the 3GX. I wish people would quit hating on this gyro. 3.0 sucked, 3.1 is better. 2.1 IMO was the best so far. What Align was saying is the mounting may have been wrong. If the wires are tight going into the gyro, it will transfer the vibrations into the gyro thus causing these issues. This will happen on ANY gyro, INCLUDING the Ikon. You need to properly mount it and have slack in your wires for it to work correctly.

Westy

LEGEND
they say that having nylon wire net tubing transfers vibes also..... people say tht if you have that scario, you should zip tie at about 30 - 50mm from the servo plugs one it is all connected up.

taizi

been looking at this thread and something accoured to me and wondered if it will help, i dont know much about the 3GX but i do know about the ZYX which is a similar system
there was something i saw with the ZYX that did something similar to what your describing, the problem was down to earthing of the unit and eletrical interference, this was cured by earthing the unit itself away from the esc and motor, i saw it in a vid on youtube once about ZYX problems

this may be just a shot in the dark but if the rest of things are ok it could be a simple answer

Ken Jackson

I'm with you Tony, I have had no problems with the 3GX and my flying has only gotten better since I started flying with it. I have not gone to 3.1 but I think I might now that I'm crashed for the next week or two. Hmmm sounds like a 4am project to me, LOL
Ken

Graham Lawrie

Only about 1% of the issues are the electronics in the 3GX. I wish people would quit hating on this gyro. 3.0 sucked, 3.1 is better. 2.1 IMO was the best so far. What Align was saying is the mounting may have been wrong. If the wires are tight going into the gyro, it will transfer the vibrations into the gyro thus causing these issues. This will happen on ANY gyro, INCLUDING the Ikon. You need to properly mount it and have slack in your wires for it to work correctly.

You might have hit the nail on the head Tony:) My wires are very tight. But i had no option as the position dictated that. Is it just a case of putting a short jumper on them?

Ken Jackson

I'm with you Tony, I have had no problems with the 3GX and my flying has only gotten better since I started flying with it. I have not gone to 3.1 but I think I might now that I'm crashed for the next week or two. Hmmm sounds like a 4am project to me, LOL
Ken

As a matter of fact if anyone has a hardly used what you call junk 3GX I'm interested.
Ken

Tony

Staff member
Yup, there needs to be some slack in the wires. reroute wires, add extensions (I would not add extensions) or move the gyro to a better location where you have the slack you need.

Graham Lawrie

As a quick resolution to the fault finding i have ordered extensions 10 for £3 off Amazon .If this solves the issue i will reposition gyro:)

Graham Lawrie

YIPPEEEE:) Turns out my problem was training gear:) Found with the help of a new flying buddy:) I now have as my son put it "a real flying friend" as opposed to all you great cyber guys on here:)
Flew a Proto with AR7200BX, man was that bird stable and quiet:)

New video's to follow, and boy wait till you see the venue:)

kennyboypro

Hi there.
A friend of mine was having the same trouble, when he picked his heli up, i noticed, when he tilted heli, the swash wasnt staying level, he set it to stay level when he tilts heli, and that sorted the tipping problem.

- - - Updated - - -

ooops, i missed your last post, sorry.

Dirk

Glad you got it sorted out Graham. Makes me worry because I also fly with training gear and my Trex has been behaving itself so far. Let's hope it stays that way. One thing I noticed is that the 3GX does not always initialize after the battery has been connected. I think it is due to the heli bouncing and moving around on the training gear. I've learnt to just push the skids onto the ground and keep it there until the 3GX gives me the all clear.

Top Bottom