450 450 RTF 3gx

tweeter1

I purchased Trex 450 pro with the 3GX gyro, followed Tony's setup, and it flies great, Thank you, Thank you, Tony, great vids. I couldn't have don't it without your help.

The problem is my son and grandson purchased the 450 RTF with the 3gx MR, needless to say they want theirs to fly like mine. Ha! Next thing you know they will want to be as cool as I am, once again, Ha!

I need advice that I can pass on to them or another one of Tony's great videos.

I am an old time pilot and am basically clueless, all my other machines run a flybar and a Futaba Gy401, and a Gv-1 governor, does that tell you how outdated and out of touch I am!!!!!

I love a Diet Coke with chocolate chips chaser, am I cool or what?

Thanks for your help Bob

Tony

Staff member
I'm happy to hear that my videos helped you out! As for your son and grandson's heli's, If they have a 3GX, the setup will be the same as yours. I'm not sure what the "MR" means after the "3gx" in your statement though.

I would set them up exactly as you did yours, and if they are new to the hobby, put in a little more dampening, and reduce the roll adn flip rate to 0.

tweeter1

Thanks Tony

My son says it is much smaller than the 3GX that come with the 450 pro , no data port . He is bringing it over tomorrow , so I can have a look see.

Thanks Bob

cn63bug

The 3GX MR has the receiver (futaba) built in and has a lot less tuning options compared to the original 3GX.

Tony

Staff member
Oh yeah, I forgot all about Align's new gyros. And as Chris stated, they are futaba ONLY. There might be a way to work around that by putting a seperate rx on them, but I'm not sure. If he is running the Align T6 Tx, then everythign will be fine. It's supposed to be very simple to adjust with only a gain and a roll rate dial on the face. I would start with a rather low roll rate and as they get used to the heli, raise the rate slightly.

Click on the link below and go to page 14 in the manual and read up on it. It sounds like it's rather simple to adjust this little guy. And when I say 14 in the manual, it will have 14 at the bottom. In Adobe, it will actually be the 15th page.

http://ms.align.com.tw/mpeg/manuals/helicopters/450 PLUS DFC-Instruction Manual.pdf

heli-maniac

One thing Ill say is there is NO way i would try and fly one of those RTF Kits with out taking it all apart and Lock Tight Every thing
If not your just asking to get hurt buy flying parts

cn63bug

There might be a way to work around that by putting a seperate rx on them, but I'm not sure.

Actually, they also have an MRS model that has a sat port on it for dsm2 or dsmx. I'm not sure if it's available with the kit or sold separately though.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing Ill say is there is NO way i would try and fly one of those RTF Kits with out taking it all apart and Lock Tight Every thing
If not your just asking to get hurt buy flying parts

+1, this comes from experience on my end as well :)

Top Bottom