450 450 Pro DFC issues & 3Gx

Westy

LEGEND
hey all ....

Wondering if anyone has had any issues like the following. Set up a 450 DFC PRO and it was fine in the initial run ....
battery died, so charged it ll up .

Ran it again and it was bobbing .... so reduced the Ele Gain ... made no difference and then i was not responding ... so I put it back up again.

I put it in the bench and went through all the 3GX settings again and set all my ELE and AIL gains at 100.... and when I just went to power it up ....

Set all the flight perameters back to STD and went to test fly again.

The ESC took AGES .... to initialise, like it was not getting a throttle signal or something.

Was going to see if I set the ESC back to all default settings .... it might sort it out.......

Anyone else had this happen?

Re Charging the battery now to see if that solves the issue.

Westy

LEGEND
Yeah I just re charged the battery and recalibrated the ESC from scratch .... and it is noisy as now (As it should be). I was really muffled before and was really hard to hear!

So got that sorted ..... Tracking is perfect as you would expect..... it still had bad bobbing and did not change as I brought down the ELE gain pot.... So I looked at possible vibrations. When I looked closer the Gyro was sitting hard up against the swash stabiliser braket. I removed the unit and moved it clear of it.

That solved that issue, no bobbing now. the only weird thing now is that at a certain frequency, the just before take off, the heli wash starts really wobbling ... the second you hit TH ... it disapears and spools down.

I have weighed and checked the blade balancing all good. This is brand new and not flown till I got my hands on it ;) Doing it as a favour for a mate as he put it together....

it is like ground resinance... as soon as you get clear of the ground (hard concrete) the heli and disk are as smooth as silk!

Any ideas?

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I know the Heli is new..but did you check the bearings on the swash? Do all the links have a smooth travel on the ball? it might also be that he over tighten a screw or too much locktite on something.

Westy

LEGEND
yep checked all that .... found the problem.

cut back the Nylon sheathing and heat shrink ... vibes transferring though the Gyro all go now!

Just setting it up for a learner .... needed to put in a heap of DR on ELE and AIL for him ... so he dont get into too much trouble.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Solid! amazing how the little things gives us the biggest headache... I hear you on the DR..one guy at our field had 45 D/R and 45% Expo..Damm! amazing he was flying.

Westy

LEGEND
yeah .... I feel like my hands are cut off when I cant throw the swash around !!!! set him up at 55% on ELE and AIL ..... he can have full used of the tail... in case he need to return to Tail in promptly!

Last edited:

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Solid! you sure your friend can handle your settings? What you have a 5000mah batt on there, that was some flight time.

Stambo

Looks really jerky and unstable to me.
Oh wait, it might be the Pentium 90 PC I'm watching it on. :):):)

Top Bottom