450 450 pro dfc ad ons

Slobberdog

Just received a little order for a few bits and pieces to finish off my DFC,

Alloy tali fin stabaliser, cant beleive they put a plastic piece on here in the first place.

RC Booya canopy mounts, man I like the way these work and look, cant believe I am gonna drill out my canopy though, oh well it will be worth it in the long run as this should make the canopy fight a little easier, as these canopies are tight, imo.

And my OCD brought me to get Align battery straps, as i had a cheap on doing the job but want this heli to be mint and therefore it had to go in favour of the Align logo'd strap, and once the canopy is on I won't even see it, lol but I know its there.

Oh and I got some nice Edge tail blades, these look quality, and break up the solid black tailblades with a bit of white.

Guess what I will be doing tonight.

pj1969

Mate, ive just spent loads with ALIGN, got some really nice fluorescent orange fins, so i can see the thing when it's late afternoon. Really have made a difference,new blades and got a complete spares kit of gears front rear, main and auto, just in case lol. also for my gobby bought all new digital align servo's, brand new motor, blades, esc, regulator, safety switch and a beastx, still need to buy rx and satellite. Think i'm up to about 2k this month, but dont tell the Mrs lol TBH i'm not looking forward to putting the things on her, looks a mine field. hope your flying well mate

Slobberdog

Well got my bits home and have had five to sort them out, the RC Booya mounts are nice fitted them with ease, was able to move the holes slightly also so gave me a bit easier install of the canopy, here's some photos of the job

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The tail stabiliser, well for what it is I can't believe they would not put that on the pro DFC kit, WOW, man that would like cost them a couple of bucks to include max,

Not a huge difference but it was griping me having that little bit of plastic there on a full metal tail.

image.jpg
image.jpg

A little disappointed with the edge blades as I could not fit them, the root on one was 2.57mm the other was 2.7mm and would not go in the grip unless forced, phone call to hobby shop in the morning I think...........

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Well spoke to hobby shop and blades are in the post on their way back, it will teach me another lesson, don't be a cheap skate,

I had the blemished set, to say they were blemished is a bit of an understatement, they had indents and ripples in the surface, one blade as stated above was 0.13mm thicker on the root and they were 0.1 grams diff in weight, mind you that was probably down to the extra thickness in the root,

So they will not be replacing them with blemished blades but with a proper matched and perfect set.

All the trouble for the sake of a couple of quid, now to write my lines......

I will not be a cheap skate.

Tony

Staff member
That's exactly right Kev, you get what you pay for. And I'm proving that every day with this clone of mine just to show the members clones will cost more in the long run than if you just purchased the real kit to begin with.

Slobberdog

That's exactly right Kev, you get what you pay for. And I'm proving that every day with this clone of mine just to show the members clones will cost more in the long run than if you just purchased the real kit to begin with.

Tony I can see the appeal of buying the clone, COST.

They see the kit at £40 as compared to the super combo kit of the better manufacturer £325, wow that's alot cheaper,

But here's where it goes astray, they buy a cheap esc for £5 and it lasts no time or catches fire, then there's servos £5 each which never centre good and as soon as you spool up the heli the vibes due to the bent main shaft oops they strip a gear, next there's a gyro £10 which lets the tail drift continually, you got to get a tail servo so there's another £10, prices are base line items cheap as cheap can be,

Wow by the time you get this stuff you got all you need for less than a £100, you can see how people get suckered in,

There is one thing I will guarantee with this heli it will crash, very soon.

I started with a century clone 450, better than the HK stuff when new, but I spent more time trying to chase my tail it was not funny, since I have had my Align kit I have had flight time and enjoyment not frustration.

The tail blades that I ordered were supposed to be slightly blemished, and this was mostly colour imperfections, but I had a bad set, should have known better though.

xokia

The tail stabiliser, well for what it is I can't believe they would not put that on the pro DFC kit, WOW, man that would like cost them a couple of bucks to include max,

Not a huge difference but it was griping me having that little bit of plastic there on a full metal tail.
Some parts are intentionally designed to be sacrifitial. That part is designed to break and allow the tail box to rotate on a hard impact.

pj1969

I think the appeal is the cheapness of the clone's, I for one bought a 450 clone just to get into the sport and I didn't really know the difference. After trying to fly it and crashing a lot, the cheap clone parts were pretty appealing! But after buying an align 450 etc the build quality and difference in how she flys is amazing, so smooth and when I do have a little mishap, putting genuine parts back on her really saves me money in the long run as she flys better, which means less crashes!!! I found buying a few extra bits when ordering saves on postage and you have them to hand too change and get you back in the air in no time.

Top Bottom