450 450 pro 3gx/w duel satalite heading hold mode and gyro adjustment

Dizzle000

hey guys im in the process of setting up my gyro and i am wondering whitch switch on the dx8 puts you in heading hold mode also how do you adjust the gyro gain for the rudder? on the dx8 ?

Dizzle000

also is there a rudder limit setting in the gyro i notice the servo is centered etc and i did the limit part of the 3gx but it still seems to over travel and flex the connecting rod

Tony

Staff member
With a DX8 running only Satellites, your gyro gain is on channel 7. YOu can select what switch you want to use in the gyro menu.

Dizzle000

Hey tony thanks for the reply so when I go into the system setup to switch select gyro is aux 2. Now when I go into function list down to gyro it says inhibit is that right

john2012

Banned
You will need to adjust you tail rod for that not to happen,you probly need to shorten the tail rod to make that not flex.

Dizzle000

i have got the throw correct now it doesn't flex anymore now im just trying to figure out how to set the gyro percentages so that i don't get the tail wag.

john2012

Banned
good and then im in the same boat as you Dizzle000 im having a pretty bad wag and tony did mention something about going to 45% on the limit and or keep adjusting the % on the gyro i think,i have been trying to find that thread.

Dizzle000

yes that is what i am looking for in my dx8 on my old controller with a receiver it was gear and it had either rate mode percent or heading hold percent , but because i am running satellites plugged straight into the 3gx its different. i notice in my functions list there is a setting called gyro right in-between swashplate and governor but when i click on gyro and it goes into the menu it says inhibit. this is where i don't know if i am in right place and i need to change it from inhibit to something else or i am in the totally wrong place in the controller

Dizzle000

I do fly in heading hold but there is supposed to be a spot where u can adjust the percentage of the gyro in rate or heading hold .

Top Bottom