450 450 L Dominator swashplate issue

Eggy 71

I've just started building my new 450 Dominator.when I went over all the components I noticed the swash plate is slightly different. The ball links all all short , not 3 longer and 2 short. The main rotor set box is labeled 450 pro/sport and shows all short ball links. My question is this the proper swashplate for a 450 L Dominator?image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I've just started building my new 450 Dominator.when I went over all the components I noticed the swash plate is slightly different. The ball links all all short , not 3 longer and 2 short. The main rotor set box is labeled 450 pro/sport and shows all short ball links. My question is this the proper swashplate for a 450 L Dominator?View attachment 15984View attachment 15983

I have the same set up on my Tarot 450 DFC which works out fine for me. If your worry about the ball links being to short then you can swap out ball links. As long as the servos links are close to parallel, then you should be fine. Shoot, I use a Tarot 450 DFC set up with the same swashplate sometimes when I don't have time to change out feathering shaft after a crash, I just switch heads out. Just a thought.

Tony

Staff member
those are the correct parts (from what I could find) for the 450L Dom. The blades are still 4.7mm at the root so they will fit in the blade holders. Everything should be golden. Just install and fly :biggrin1:

Eggy 71

Thanks guys, do you have any thoughts on location of the gyro? Behind the anti rotation bracket seems best for access of set up but I see most guys put it inverted below the main gear.

Tony

Staff member
Inverted is the stock location. The port should look out through a hole in the side of the frame so that you can plug your cable in and program it.

With that said however, be very cautious when you take off for the first time. I would use practice blades. These gyros are not the best and they like to tip over on takeoff. I will almost bet money that you will want to upgrade to the AR7200BX (or better) or the Ikon very soon. Or, you may be one of the lucky ones that get the gyro setup and never have a problem with it.

I have never played with the GPro but I'm looking for one to test so that I can give my opinions on it. Just don't have the cash right now to purchase one to test. Just be careful when you put it in the air for the first time.

trainrider06

i slap my Gyros preferably on the back of the helis of mine, I don't like the side mounted stuff, although I did mount my AR 7000 receiver on the side, I just prefer to do this.
I think most FBL units allow you to mount em most anywhere...

Top Bottom