4 second hover..........just

treff

My very first 4 seconds with the HK450, quite windy. They say its hard to fly a cp heli. I just put the first foot forward. I think it will be a long road. I also need more room because when it slips off sideways or forwards it very difficult to correct and that is with 40% expo. Great fun. I will be back with more video if I get over 12 inches off the floor. LOL[video=youtube_share;2NTUwamzYlA]http://youtu.be/2NTUwamzYlA[/video] Thanks to all at RCHELP and to my camera person my lovely Wife Pauline who still as all her limbs, but only just. lol

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Nice Treff, good to see it working for you now, great to get it in the air for the first time init, more open space will help loads as you don't feel so nervous with it, all that said I now don't mind my 10 foot square patio for hovering now I have had a bit of practice, all be it when there's no wind.

Again nice one Treff onwards and upwards.......

Lee

Well done Treff,
She looked good in the air. As Kev said, more space will bring down the heart rate and lower the blood pressure :D

Derek

Nice job buddy! That's a start! As stated above...see if you can find a more open area to hover in while you are getting use to the heli. Go to the park or a parking lot or something like that. You just need some room to move around in.

Nonetheless, you did quite well!

treff

Nice job buddy! That's a start! As stated above...see if you can find a more open area to hover in while you are getting use to the heli. Go to the park or a parking lot or something like that. You just need some room to move around in.

Nonetheless, you did quite well!

Many thanks Guys for the encouragement. At least it as seen a little air LOL. Yes need more room to get the feel of the controls but great fun. Looking forward to the next attempt when the weather gets better.

Westy

LEGEND
+ 1 on Radds .... I did that when I got sick of crashing and spending money! Touch Wood ... have never stacked a heli since....................................... apart from that one time LOL :)

Re your EXPO ...... you are WAY too high!!! ..... you will not get much reaction to your stick movements at all .... that is why you are struggling to pull her back into the line of flight you want...... try 20 first .... and then increase if it is too twitchy. Also have you limited your swash movement? to do that reduce your AIL and ELE DR settings to about 70 - 80% ... then as you get better .... and more adventurous ..... slowly go back toward 100%

pvolcko

Even with practice, hovering in that small an area with people as close to the heli as that is asking for an accident to happen. Remember, there are a lot of moving parts in these thing moving at very high speed. One thing breaks and it can go sideways (or down or up or in pieces) very quickly. Low battery or signal brownout at an inopportune moment. Bee flies into your ear. Ball link shears loose. More space for that size heli is a must, IMO, no matter your experience level.

None the less, congrats!

treff

Many thanks guys for all the info and suggestions. To be honest I have waited quite some time to get the thing in the air, quite a few false starts lol. Anyway could not resist a quick first try because the weather will be closing in for a few days if not the week so thought I would give it a quick go just to satisfied honour after the build. Yes need some adjustments in the TX and more room but enjoyed the moment. can not wait for the weather to improve.

Slobberdog

That's one reason I like going to the club, indoor in the hall and good people around me, at least I get to have a go at least once a week that way.

murankar

Staff member
Try droppping the expo to 35 or 30 and see how that works for ya. That should give you more control when you need it. Just keep at it and in no time you will be flying. I miss those days.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, the higher the expo number, the less sensitive the sticks feel. But, after a certain number, the heli almost becomes non responsive. I'm thinking you may need to lower it to about 20-25.

Slobberdog

Treff 25% is where i got mine and on switch pos 2 15%, started at 35 % but that was way to dull, and as people have already stated feels really slow to respond, give it a go as Tony said between 20 - 25% maybe a little more if you think its to twitchy

Top Bottom