FBL Gyro 3gx

Boyd3659

Hi I've just got myself a helicopter and it has e 3gx gyro in it I was looking to find a site where I can download the operating software as I don't have a disc

Tony

Staff member
the only issue with that link is the 2.1 is not on there. I have the 2.1 file if you need it, just let me know and I will post the file here. It is usually in my article section, but that part of the site broke when we upgraded the forum, and I'm still working on getting it working.

FYI, 2.1 is the only one that I would suggest if you have little experience flying. If you are good at flying helicopters (CCPM), then go for 3.1, but make sure to pop it off the ground fast, as it wants to tip over if you spin up the head to full speed (or just regular lift-off speed). So go about half way on the spool up, and go full collective to get it off the ground.

And save up for a better gyro, the 3GX is WAY out dated.

Boyd3659

I have been flying helicopter for a few years I'm flying a 330s at the minute but I got a 700 with a os 91 and this gyro was in the heli I don't fly 3d the heli like new I don't think it was ever used I've never set up a fly barless helicopter what system would you recommend

Boyd3659

the only issue with that link is the 2.1 is not on there. I have the 2.1 file if you need it, just let me know and I will post the file here. It is usually in my article section, but that part of the site broke when we upgraded the forum, and I'm still working on getting it working.

FYI, 2.1 is the only one that I would suggest if you have little experience flying. If you are good at flying helicopters (CCPM), then go for 3.1, but make sure to pop it off the ground fast, as it wants to tip over if you spin up the head to full speed (or just regular lift-off speed). So go about half way on the spool up, and go full collective to get it off the ground.

And save up for a better gyro, the 3GX is WAY out dated.
I have dx9 transmitter so something that would be easy to setup with this transmitter would good the one in my blade 330s works well but it was a bind and fly so I didn't have to set it

Tony

Staff member
My personal opinion on a great gyro is the Ikon2. However, I have a new gyro on the way that may give the Ikon2 a run for its money. But on my nitro 600 (Murphy), I have the Ikon and it is great. Murphy came with the 3GX, and yea, it was a major pain trying to get it to work correctly. I have multiple videos on that gyro, and some with Murphy. Just not a good gyro this day and age (the 3GX that is).

Even some of the newer clones have better sensors in them that are not as susceptible to vibrations as the 3GX is.

Top Bottom