FBL Gyro 3gx v5

treff

I have found after putting 4 batteries on the heli using V5 is that the tail is snappier and the stop is good, no over shoot from what I can see.
The only problem I have found is that the heli now nods with slightly lower head speed more than it did before so I will go over the setting again
and see if I can iron this out. I have found over the last few months with fbl is that you are continually messing with the settings where with fly-bared
you set up then you fly. Personally beginning to think that fly-bared helis are much better from the flying point of view. I ain't never going to be a Alan Szabo
so why change something you enjoy flying for something that puts your blood pressure through the roof and drives you insane.

Slobberdog

At the moment it looks promising for an update,

my woes might lead to a brain in the near future for my 500 DFC and its gyro will get put on the 450 DFC to be sold as a BTF set up.

lets see where I get later when home from work, on this gov light issue.

Graham Lawrie

I have version 4 on mine now, but still struggling to get 5 on it:( MSH Brain is rock solid and the app on android is awesome:)

Slobberdog

Well I got two batteries through the beast tonight, lol beast, the 450 was horrible for me on V4 so I was a bit apprehensive to go to V5

But done my final bits tonight which included raising a new model in my tx to cure the gov light issue as a re bind did not

First flight I spooled up and the heli got light on its skids and a fair bit more twitchy on my heli pad but did not move the head at all, so maybe a bit more ground savvy, got it off the deck with a sharp prod and into IU, BOOM it felt very solid, tail as I found in my test hover was sharp and crisp, stopped very sharp and even the tail on climb out was solid with zero kick out, I did however get a couple of twitches on the tail in the first couple of mins of flight but then nothing after that,

Cyclic feels very direct and sharp, so much so I went up a couple of % on my expo! it feels like the role rates were more responsive and coming to a stall stop at what ever angle felt safe and controllable

Flight 2 was much the same as the first but getting used to the feel very quick it was really enjoyable to fly, as others have said it feels very fluid which is a great way to put it, it defo does not feel like it has to think about a change in direction it just does it.

Very pleased with it at the moment but do want to get more packs through this heli before I shove the other two onto V5

Graham Lawrie

I have done 2-v4 no problem:) download 5 and it keeps saying no programme to open??? I have flashed the 3gx plenty of times, went through the ones on rc-help no problem:) cant get it to open from the site?

Slobberdog

Not sure what format Tony has them in the articles but align download is .rar format, that's why you need the extractor program.

Graham Lawrie

It just loaded up? think the downloads may have had errors in them but it came up ok. I powered it up with my 450, and interestingly on V5 it had changed some settings? will put it on the 600 and see how it reacts. Would be good if it is stable now. The AR7200bx and MSH Brain knock it out of the park, the Brain being the best:)

Derek

Glad you got it worked out, Graham! I noticed that some of the settings were changed on my 450, too but i went back through the setup and all is well now. Just waiting for tomorrow to come so that I can try this out.

Graham Lawrie

Just fitted it to my 600 and did the setup. I am going to put it on the laptop as a final check before I try and fly it at the weekend:) I will know straight away it its any good as the 600 was solid:)

Top Bottom