450 3GX tip over issues on landing

cn63bug

I am having a few issues when landing my 450 pro. On take off everything is smooth with a slight tendency to drift to the left but it's not that bad. While hovering and normal flight, everything is smooth and holds very well. When I attempt to land, as it's spooling down, it wants to tip over. It hasn't tipped all the way over yet, but it has come very close. It does seem like the head is shaking pretty bad at this point. I should also point out that it doesn't do it every time like this. Sometimes it's more severe than others.

What I am running is the 3GX with v3, align 325D Pro blades (not the 3G branded blades), stock servos, AR6210 receiver and the DX6i.
I've replaced pretty much everything on the head. Main shaft is true, feathering shaft is true. Blades are within .1 gram of each other and track true. Swash is level at low, mid and high. I have 12 degrees positive and negative in my main setup with about 8 degrees on my flight mode. Don't fly 3D yet at all. I am using the transmitter for dual rates.

My throttle curve is 0-42.5-65-80-100
My pitch curve is 35-42.5-50-75-100

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :joyous:

Thanks,
Chris

Slobberdog

By all accounts its a v3 problem, install v3.1 which Westy has had good luck with and this should cure your problem

Lee

+1 on what Gaba said about what Kev said LOL :D 3.1 is the cure to a sick 3GX.

Westy

LEGEND
yep .... I concur! ")

V3.1 is much better .... just a tip for when you land ... hit the throttle hold as soon as you touch down and leave your throttle at about 50% untill the blades spool down .... if you pull it to idle at the time you hit the throttle hold, you will experience shaking of the heli due to the blades trying to pull the heli into the dirt at -10º pitch....

Mkae sure you dial your pots in though .... I have found that 105 on both gives me a good stable (very stable) flying environment.

I have done about 20 batteries on the new V3.1 and I like it alot!

cn63bug

Thanks guys. I'll try updating to the new firmware. Been trying to find some guys out there that have tried it to see how it's working out.
Thanks Westy for the tip. I'll give it a try after I update. My pots are currently set to about "10 o'clock." How does 105 relate?

Thanks,
Chris

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Thanks guys. I'll try updating to the new firmware. Been trying to find some guys out there that have tried it to see how it's working out.
Thanks Westy for the tip. I'll give it a try after I update. My pots are currently set to about "10 o'clock." How does 105 relate?

Thanks,
Chris

Open the software . In there you'll see it change..

In my thread "3.0 upgrade and my findings" I discuss where to see the values

The fields apply to your new software also.

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Westy

LEGEND
It doesn't... they are all different and must be callibrated on the software connected to your PC....

Here is my vid ... fist on the upgrade ... second on the CAllibration.

Make sure you do the full DIR re-callibration once the flashing is done as it resets all your Gyro sensing for ELE and AIL auto correction functions.

TIP: you can save your config and insert that back in once you have done your DIR reset up .... but if you want to start from scratch again ... just do that.

3GX V 3.1 upgrade including test flights - YouTube

3Gx Videos - ALIGN - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

cn63bug

Well, I updated to 3.1 and went through the setup and DIR. I have to say that it seemed a lot smoother. Didn't hover it for very long, but it was very smooth and was pretty solid in the air. When I went to land, I did the throttle hold and held the collective at mid stick and it was smooth as butter on spool down! Thanks Westy for the tip! Thanks to everyone that helped! Seems like this update is pretty solid.

Tony

Staff member
I was going to suggest this as well since I had the same issue with 3.0. But everyone beat me to it so I just sat in the corner lmao. Glad you like it. I was able to get my, er, our 600N in the air for the first time on 3.1.

Westy

LEGEND
Well, I updated to 3.1 and went through the setup and DIR. I have to say that it seemed a lot smoother. Didn't hover it for very long, but it was very smooth and was pretty solid in the air. When I went to land, I did the throttle hold and held the collective at mid stick and it was smooth as butter on spool down! Thanks Westy for the tip! Thanks to everyone that helped! Seems like this update is pretty solid.

Not A problem! just helping out when I can ... Showing what worked for me.

TONY........ where is the vid for the 600n?... good FLight?

Tony

Staff member
No need to be sorry. It was the next flight where everything went wrong and I almost destroyed it... But, that is for another thread.

Westy

LEGEND
at least I am not the only one that is pushing the envelope of risk :) Keep it up!
That does not smack down .... helps up learn too! ..... just not as sad as destroying them.

Top Bottom