FBL Gyro 3GX tail bounce back

Derek

One of my Youtube buddies was running v3.1 on his 3GX. He recently found out about the release of v5.0. He decided to upgrade to 5.0 in hopes that his tail rotor on his 550 wouldn't bounce back. He will give left rudder input and the tail moves to the right and stops solid. He will give right rudder input and the tail moves to the left but then it will bounce back to the right a bit. He had this issue with v3.1 and still has it with 5.0. He has a DX7s and his heading hold mode is from 0-100. His tail gyro gain is set at 70% right now.

Any thoughts on how to fix this bounce?

Lee

Tell him to try lowering the Tail lock gain by a few %
Also he could add a touch of delay.

Slobberdog

Tell him to set the tail up for zero drift in rate mode, once he has this done adjust the limits on his throws, then use HH mode,

I had to do this on my 450 last week when I updated,

abdonmata

Hi I´m new to the forum, but I´m sort of hating TR 250 DFC Pro since I found it hard to dial in, with 3GX v4.0 and 5.0 tail is hard to set up. I have too a bounce back to the right when tail turns left. Delay is on 4 and Tail Lock is default(70 I think). On my 450X 3GX 5.0 is awesome, tail goes like a SIM, but on this 250 I´m scared even to invert it.

Tony

Staff member
The 250's are one of the hardest helicopters to get locked in. I have had one as have many others on here. Adn every one of us had issues with them and sold them. If your having bounce back issues, there is something like "tail locking gain" in the program that you can lower and it should help. Or you can add about 15 delay into the gyro and that should help as well. And that is 15ms.

Top Bottom