FBL Gyro 3GX stuck in rate mode

USAF_Ret

I wanted to start a new thread on this as the previous one rambled off ....

I have a 3gx running v3.1 setup on my Align 250 DFC. Everything works well except the tail which seems to be in rate mode. I have raised the gyro gain from -100 to 100 and nothing seems to make any difference. Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

USAF_Ret

Tony

Staff member
What Tx are you using? 6ch Tx's you will use channel 5 for the gyro gain, but you MUST use a separate Rx. 7+ channels and satellite Rx's only, then your gyro gain channel is channel 7, or Aux2.

USAF_Ret

What Tx are you using? 6ch Tx's you will use channel 5 for the gyro gain, but you MUST use a separate Rx. 7+ channels and satellite Rx's only, then your gyro gain channel is channel 7, or Aux2.

I am using a DX18 and have the gyro set to gear.

USAF_Ret

Tony

Staff member
You need to set your Gyro channel to channel 7, or Aux2. This will activate your HH mode once you go above 0. I would start with +45%.

USAF_Ret

Tony,

that was the issue. I don't recall seeing that anywhere in the manual...

Thanks much for the help.

USAF_Ret

Tony

Staff member
This is the ONLY gyro that does this crap. It has confused more people than anything else on this gyro. You can't run a 6ch Tx with satellites (even though it WILL bind) because you can't access the gyro gains. But it's the ONLY gyro where you have to run channel 7 with satellites only.

Just glad you got it working. Now all we need is some video of it flying :biggrin1:

dazacx2

Hello sorry to reopen this conversation but i am having the same issues.

i am running a 250 heli with a spectrum dx9 and a 3gx with satellites.
when spooling up tail just keeps spinning around anti clockwise i have been through setting and they are all ok.

How and what did you change in the rx and tx to get channel 7 or aux to to work i normally use switch d on tx.

sorry for asking such a basic question but its got me stumped.

Darren

Tony

Staff member
You just go into your gyro menu and set the channel to Aux2 and the switch to whatever switch you want. In the DX9 you just select the switch menu (like you are going to scroll through them all) then you just flip your switch and it will select it.

dazacx2

Thats great that worked now i have rudder movement in the right direction but still have a massive waggle i will reduce delay to zero see what happens.
Unless you have any ideas.

USAF_Ret

Darren, you might want to try and reduce your gyro gain as well. I have set my Right Trim switch ( the one just above the right gimble and to the left of switch E) for for small gyro gain adjustments. I find this more useful than landing and finding the gyro gain screen and making adjustments. Also note the different gyro gain settings for each of the flight modes.

I hope this helps.

USAF_Ret

dazacx2

Hello all,

Had a hover today found the problem was wrong switch for gyro adjustment and then i had too much vibration caused by a faulty tail, what i found was that in rebuilding the tail i had added an extra washer for some reason to the tail blade grip and when i tightened the blade grip it was solid so it was struggling to move back and forth hence no anti rotation compensation.
Now it is just rolling back and forth to sensitive for me at the moment so will need to play with more settings.

Pays to check every thing after a rebuild.

Cheers for the help

Darren.

:banana:

Top Bottom