3gx gyro problems solved for spectrum receiver must use the left batt port not sbus

helecoptergeek

I have 7 trex 500 pro helis that I converted to align 3gx gyro. After many problems and crashes I found out that the spectrum dsm2 receivers are not compatible with the sbus port or right port on the 3gx gyro for batt source to the receiver. The white signal wire -sbus is designed for futuba s-bus only. I did confirm this with a tech at Align. If you search the web most users of 3gx are very frustrated. I have 7 birds now flying great now by simply using the correct left side battery port on the 3gx. I have had so many crashed in the process of figuring these gyros out.

If you use the spectrum receivers you must use the bat port on the left of the 3gx. The early version prior to version 3 didnt seam to matter. The newer gyros specifically 3-4.0 definately have some ghost like swash plate diving and locking issues if you use the right port.mysterious loss of control.
Anyway I use the old school spectrum dsm2 7000,6000 6 and 7n channel receivers and a dx7I transmitter. All of my receivers use 1 satelite and the basic receiver.(I do not connect satelites to the 3gx)

I hope you will correct this error on your video. You do such a great job on the videos, thank you.

murankar

Staff member
Welcome to the forum.

This should be mentioned elsewhere. This is for intros.

Again welcome to RCH.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom